“A new favourite!!!”

Ranked #46 of 199 Restaurants in Grande Prairie
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We drove from High level, and after checking in at the hotel we went straight for sushi at 3pm. I read reviews on here and knew we had to go. I love sushi and am so glad to find good sushi...somewhat close by! The restaurant was VERY clean,quick , great service. Our server was amazing, very attentive and nice :) Eat here! eat here! eat here!
We ate
Cucumber and avocado maki
seaweed salad
vegetable tempura
spring rolls
Sashimi ( beef raw and salmon raw)
all very good!!!!

1  Thank Jasmin P
There are newer reviews for Toyko Ichiban Restaurant

Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

Quick, friendly and to the point service, and excellent food!
Never been disappointed.
The Kung pao chicken is perfect every time, and they have the best spring rolls in town!
I recommend this place for sure!

Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

My husband and I along with our three kids age 2,7 and 8 come to Tokyo Ichiban pretty much every time we take a trip to Grande Prairie. We all love the quiet ambiance and the delicious food. The waitresses are always polite and cheerful and service is quick. My kids love the edamame and miso soup. We always enjoy the Cali rolls, spicy Cali rolls, kappa and the salmon or chicken teriyaki. The green tea is delicious as well. Each time we try something new, Im happy I can introduce a different cultures food to my kids. Expand their horizons beyond just western cuisine. Anybody with a little time and an adventurous palate would do well here. You won't be disappointed.
Oh and another big hit with the kids is their bubble tea, which comes in a variety of flavours. Hopefully we will make the trip to Grande Prairie soon, I need my sushi fix :)

Reviewed 9 June 2013

This review is a little late - so I hope that the service has changed big time since we were last there. My fiance & I went there around 8pm to grab a late supper and little did we know we were in for more then that. He ordered 1 spring roll & 1 egg roll on the side. Where we are from, that means 1 (single) roll. She brought out 1 large order of spring rolls & 1 large order of egg rolls. That's fine, no biggie. I explained to her what we really ordered & asked if we could just have that, as this wasn't what we ordered. She started to ARGUE with me!! Telling me she could not take it back, as they would have to throw it out - she didn't like whether or not we were happy, and told us we would have to pay for it. I started to argue back with her after about 5 minutes of her not understanding my fiance & I. After about 10-15 minutes of her yelling at us, she finally took it back as I refused to pay for it. The food was mediocre, the service was horrible, and when we went to pay our bill, the only thing she said was "Maybe next time specify what you want so we understand."

I was absolutely blown away. I've worked in the service industry for years & the way she acted was entirely inappropriate. It's been about a year & a half, we haven't gone back and we never will.

1  Thank jenna6797
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

Any time I have a craving for sushi, I immediately make my way to Tokyo Ichiban. They absolutely have the best quality sushi in the city, and it cannot be missed!!

The service is always average, but the food and atmosphere more than makes up for it!