“Deluxe Duplex Loft review - bad beds”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jasper National Park
Becker's Roaring River Chalets
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Four adults and one infant stayed here for 3 nights in early October. The resort property and individual cabins/chalets are very attractive and well maintained. The setting is peaceful next to the river and away from Jasper town. We rented a bbq for an extra $5/day as we planned to cook our own dinners. A playpen was provided for the baby. The deluxe duplex loft units are genuine log structures with large stone fireplaces. There are two beds in the loft and one in the main floor bedroom. The small kitchen had all the basic equipment. The only major issue we had with this place was the quality of the beds. They were too soft in the opinion of all the adults - sleeping two people in a bed resulted in a hammock effect with both people rolling into the centre of the bed. Moving the mattresses off the box springs and placing them directly on the floor resulted in a slightly better sleep experience, but having mattresses on the floor was inconvenient and awkward (and still too soft). We complained to the front desk but they said they couldn't do anything for us as they claimed they didn't have units with better beds. Before booking, we had checked other resorts/chalets in the area but none had large log chalets like this available for these dates so we decided to remain at Beckers for the next 2 nights and just put up with the uncomfortable beds. For $240 (plus various taxes) per night we expect to have decent beds. For this reason we would not consider returning to this resort.

Room Tip: There are several different types of cabins/chalets here. Make sure you know what type of unit you a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank canoeboy

Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stayed in the 'Deluxe Log Chalet for Two' in one of the fourplex buildings in the top level and it was great. After reading some of the reviews before arriving, we were expecting a small and rustic experience, but we were pleasantly surprised. The full kitchen and living room is really nice. We also enjoyed the balcony, vaulted ceilings and gas fireplace. I think we were the only ones in our fourplex so we can't comment on if neighbours would be noisy or not, but the neighbours we did have behind the cabin (some deer) were a nice surprise!

I also left my iPad in the chalet, but the staff at Becker's reported a missing item right away and were able to ship my iPad back quickly. Great integrity! Thanks again!!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the upper level of the four-plex because it has a balcony.
2  Thank Nick H
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed in a fourplex and everything was PERFECT!!! I would love to return and stay in a cabin. Full kitchen, living room with gas fireplace, nice and clean bathroom. The bedroom was not oversized, nor did it have a television but had a nice dressing table that I appreciated. The bed was comfortable and the bedding was fabulous. The windows open to the fresh air. When we awoke in the morning the park that the front french doors opened unto was filled with the beautiful sight of a flock of Canadian geese grazing. The entire Chalet grounds are very serene. The view of the river is so magnificent that the entry way into the Chalet property was busy with photographers. This was an unexpected retreat...that exceeded my expectations. The rate was a value for the experience we enjoyed.

1  Thank khobley
Reviewed 30 September 2013

When I was in Jasper a few years ago, we drove by Becker's and I thought they were beautiful. I wanted to go stay there then, but we were stuck in our cabin that we had already booked. This trip my husband and I brought our 2 year old and finally were able to stay in one of the beautiful Deluxe Chalets! It was very clean, and had everything we needed for 2 nights! The staff at the front were fantastic as well! The cabins are very quiet, and we even had people staying right above us! On the Saturday night, we had a bad experience at a different restaurant in town so we thought we would try the restaurant at Becker's. We did not have a reservation, but they seated us right away! The food was great, the staff were fantastic and treated my little boy so nice! I will for sure stay at Becker's again, and will eat at the restaurant there instead of going into town! Best accommodations I have ever had in Jasper!

Room Tip: One bedroom chalet was the perfect size for my husband and I with our 2 year old son. The bedroom is...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank stephieb1235
Reviewed 27 September 2013

If you are looking for a 5 star accommodation with all the latest gadgets, then Becker's is not for you. For the other 99% of us this is a wonderful, rustic establishment. Beautifully maintained in a convenient area. The restaurant is very nice with great food. The staff is pleasant and very helpful. Most impressive is the wireless service which is not blazing fast, but adequate for most purposes and can be accessed anywhere in the compound. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2013

After driving from Banff all the way up the Icefields Parkway with numerous stops along the way we were quite tired and took the first accommodation that we could find.We got a nice chalet with all the amenities one could wish for although we had not planned on doing selfcatering.The chalet we had was not near the river and did not have a view but we could stroll there and relax on some chairs they had placed there.The interior decorating is not 5 star but totally acceptable and everything was very clean.We had our meal at the restaurant and found the food good quality although a bit expensive.All in all nothing to complain about.I would definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: a riverview chalet might be nice
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The Becker cabins are situated by a lovely river with a view of the mountain range in the background. Most of the cabins, however, are situated in the center of the property and are fairly close together therefore do not have a direct view of the river. Our cabin, a duplex with two bedrooms, was well priced, clean and suitably furnished. My only complaint is that a quiet night's sleep will be totally dependent upon your who ends up being your neighbour. The sound proofing, if any, is terrible. We had the unfortunate experience of a very loud group of people who were noisy the entire time we were there. Even wearing earbuds with my ipod did not drown out their voices or slamming doors. I did call the office that evening and they did offer to do a drive by check. Unfortunately, there is no one at the desk after 10pm; the noise continued well after this time. At check out, I mentioned that they were very loud until quite late; I was offered an apology but nothing else. I might consider visiting the property again but would certainly be very careful where I stayed.

Room Tip: Make sure you know where your cabin is situated and if a duplex.