We just got back home from a long weekend at Pocohontas Cabins. We stayed in a Delux Log Cabin. I must admit I was a little disapppointed when we got into our cabin. It looked MUCH bigger in the advertising. The fire place was not what I was expecting. It was a tiny little gas stand alone kind of room heater. It did do its job of making the place warmer (there is also natural gas heating in the place so no fireplace is needed), and did make it look like there were flames in it. It was sort of like staying in a gingerbread house.
The cabin was clean, the services were excellent. When we arrived, we found the pilot light on the gas heater was not working and the lite on the front porch was burned out. There are no phones in the cabin so we had to go to the front desk. A handy man was there to fix everything within 5 min. This is amazing considering that we checked in around 9 PM. And, he fixed both issues with a smile and an apology for our inconvenience.
The Delux Cabins have a galley kind of kitchen that inclused a small fridge, sink, 4 burner stove, and enough plates, glasses, cutlery, pots etc to cook small meals. There are also bbq's and picnic tables available if you wanted to do some outdoor cooking.
The place is a 30 min drive from Jasper town site but the drive is amazing. The scenery around Pocahontas Cabins is also amazing.
There is wifi only in the games room in the main building. No big deal if you are used to that kind of thing. The games room has enough activities available to keep kids from 10 to 80 occupied.
If you go there with the mind set that it is a bunch of cabins set off on their own, you will not be disappointed. It is very close to the main hwy so if you are a light sleeper you may have issues. My husband and I are not so had no problem sleeping. By the way, the bed was extremely comfortable. You can stay in a hotel/motel in the main town site and have the same kind of noise issue.
We stayed there Sept 21 to 23 so had no issues with there not being any a/c in the cabin. The weather was too cold to use the outdoor pool. Many people did use the hot tub (but not us). It is also dog friendly. This may or may not be to your liking. It was to ours and the next time we come we will be bringing our dog.
Overall it was a very pleasant stay, we will be back there. We found it close enough to Jasper town, but also close enough to sites that would allow you to go sight seeing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pocahontas Cabins are located in a peaceful area, just 25 minutes away from the bustling town of Jasper. Next to a diversity of natural attractions and wildlife, these cabins are the perfect place to stay to experience your own mountain retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Pocahontas Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pocahontas Cabins Hotel Jasper National Park
- Pocahontas Hotel Jasper National Park
- Pocahontas Cabins Jasper
- Pocahontas Alberta