“Disgusted” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pocahontas Cabins

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Pocahontas Cabins
Edmonton, Canada
“Disgusted”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I am absolutely disgusted with my stay this weekend (May 2) as we rested into our beds my husband and I found pubic hair in our bed. Absolutely Nothing was done about it when I complained. I will never stay or have any of my friends and family stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Rob M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Edmonton, Alberta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed in cabin 107, was cute but definitely needed to be well cleaned. Socks were filthy from just walking around. I dropped something between the fridge and counter so we searched under it and we pulled out old coffee packets, garbage, bottle caps. There was toothpaste splashes on the bathroom walls and hair in the corners. Bed was quite lumpy. Other then that Staff was very friendly however at check in and through out the stay. However no one asked at check out how our stay was. Hot tub was a nice end to hiking, great walking paths across the way for a morning walk with your pets. and the BBQ's were a nice touch. We couldn't get our fireplace to work but it was warm out so it really was not needed. Was quiet, until our last night when new people came with barking dogs...but that was out of the resorts control as there was no staff on after hours.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed in the early spring and the cabins were clean, cozy and comfortable. Perfect for a romantic getaway. The hot tub was perfect and the games room was fun. Only complaint was that the kitchen didn't have a mixing bowl or a chopping knife but other than that it was great.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NancyAgnes
Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We went here for our anniversary, found the 1 bedroom cabin to be exactly what we were looking for. Very cosy, and with everything you needed to make a simple meal. Fireplace was a nice touch as well. Staff was very friendly, and the beds were comfortable. I also like the personal touch of them leaving us notes congratulating us on our anniversary and the bottle of champagne they left. All in all a great experience, and we will be back

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alan1984Edmonton
Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

We loved the new 2bedroom cabins so much we booked for August.
Very clean, bed was very comfortable, kitchen was well stocked, gas fire place and DVD player, flat screen tv was great. We stayed over New Years, even though it was just the wife and I, glad we rented the new cabin. We had our little dog with us which was nice they allowed pets.
Right in the mountains so the scenery was awesome. That was our fourth visit to these cabins.
Highly recommend to all our friends and family.
We had a late check out which was nice, staff is very friendly and accommodating.
Would be nice to have wifi in the cabins but other than that it was an awesome cabin.
There is wifi in the lobby though.

Ask for the new 2 bedroom cabin with kitchenette. A little expensive but well worth the money!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer P
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

We were determined to stay in a log cabin at least once during our tour of the Canadian Rockies and we could not have picked a better place.

We arrived later than we intended due to an error in the location made by booking.com but we received a warm and sympathetic welcome.

We stayed in one if the new cabins which was beautifully clean and well equipped. Everything we needed to self-cater. The bed was comfortable, rooms were clean and the small old fashioned gas fuelled stove added to the atmosphere.

The site is quite close to a busy highway but our cabin was located towards the rear of the site and we couldn't hear it. I suppose the cabins closer to the road might be noisy.

The site does have a restaurant but we decided to cook our own meals and the cabin had all the equipment we needed to do that.

My only gripe was the lack of wi fi in the cabins, you have to go down to the main site building. I think this is an essential service these days although I appreciate there might be difficulties getting a strong signal in this location. The site is 40k north of Jasper which might be an issue for some people but the remoteness suited us.

Lovely stay.

Room Tip: Get one of the new cabins, the older ones look pretty tired, and as far away from the highway as you...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Trenean
Leuven, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I read other reviews about the Pocahontas Cabins on Tripadvisor, saying that the cabins in the back were very poor quality. In fact when I checked in, I also got a cabin in the back and it wasn’t as bad as I expected. The interior looks quite old – it definitely hasn’t been changed for a long time. By reading other reviews I can imagine that the deluxe cabins must be a lot nicer. But the cabin I stayed in was clean. The bed was good and comfortable. And the bathroom was rather small but it was absolutely clean. The kitchen was clean as well; but I hardly used it (I didn’t even use the fridge). One thing that was missing in the cabin was a wifi connection. Wifi was only available in the main building (restaurant, reception). I had a continental breakfast which was ok, though not very varied. The Pocahontas Cabins are in a great location, obviously surrounded by the mountains, and not far from the Miette Hot Springs. I would recommend this place for its quiet and wonderful environment. The cabin I stayed in was not too bad but I can imagine that some people prefer more luxury and comfort.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo