“Amazing Pastries and Pizza Bread” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bear's Paw Bakery
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Jasper
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Amazing Pastries and Pizza Bread”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Even at 8am, there was already a line going out the door. If that's not a good sign, I don't know what is! Review is for the Lemon and Raspberry danish and Pizza break with pepperoni, jalapeno, and olives. We purchased the items for our lunch treat at the summit of Sulfer Skyline. After a long and beautiful hike, we were hungry and SO glad we treated ourselves to Bear's Paw. Maybe it was the altitude, perhaps it was the depletion of calories from the hike, but never had I devoured a piece of bread as quickly! The bread was more like a soft bagel, covered with tomato sauce, covered in melted cheddar cheese and dotted with a generous amount of toppings. The danish was delicious as well, but I wanted to stuff my face with another pizza bread!
When asked what my favorite meal was from my time in Banff/Jasper, I quickly said Bear Paw's pizza bread! hahaha, and that includes eating at the fanciest of places :)

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hamilton, Australia
“Too busy but good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have to admit that I initially wasn't impressed by the crowded, noisy atmosphere of The Bear's Paw cafe. The menu was basic and food was slow to arrive.

In saying that however, the staff were extremely friendly and seemed to be able to handle the large quantity of patrons. The food was also extremely tasty.

Although the price is a little expensive, it was much more reasonable than many others places in the town of Jasper.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
North Vancouver, Canada
“Good coffee, great pastries!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife and I hit the Bear's Paw just before leaving Jasper on our way back to Vancouver. As soon as we saw the line up out the door of locals we knew we must be at the the right place. Service was quick and with a smile. Coffee was great (we had Americanos) and their namesake pastry, the Bear Claw, was excellent - not too sweet, just right.

Edmonton, Canada
“Good Lattes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Always a nice place to stop in the morning and get some fresh baking and a coffee. Nice touch with the chocolate covered coffee bean with your latte.

Visited June 2014
London, Canada
“Delicious eats from a lovely place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

To start off, this place was adorable. Myself and three friends went for some snacks, as it came recommended from another friend. There were so many delicious looking and smelling things. However, for those who are on a diet of low-carb or gluten free, this place may be a bit more difficult to find something that suits your diet. I ended up getting a "health bar" made mostly of seeds and nuts, and it was delicious! But it really was the only thing in the whole place that I could find that worked for my diet. Everyone else in my group got Bear Paws and other delicious treats. I did take very small bites of my friend's bear paw and macaroon, and both were heavenly. I found it odd that there were no prices on anything but the beverages, which was noted on the blackboard above. Most of the treats had signs indicating what they were, but not the prices. That would have been helpful. That being said, it was pretty cheap. My health bar was in the range of $3-4. The line up took a while, mostly to pay as there was only one cashier. The place is very small, so you really can't expect that they're going to put you through at a fast-food chain pace. And besides, it gives you time to soak in the fresh-baked-goods-smell! My friends and I enjoyed our food, and will return again if we are in the Jasper area.