“Home Away Home!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jasper
Seldom In Guest House
Ranked #4 of 57 Jasper B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2013

What a host!!! Doug and Sherrill will never let you feel that you are away from your home!!! Not for a moment!!! As part of the planning, I did some research online for B & B in Jasper and I came across all the excellent reviews on “Seldom in Guest House”. And that leads me to book that place for the Canada Day Long Weekend. What all the reviewers had said on the review page about the “Seldom in Guest House” are all true and crosses all my expectation. Moreover, Sherrill and Doug are experience forest ranger and they know all the trails and scenic places of Jasper. They are the two excellent guide for Jasper that we got as a bonus. We came late but Doug was there to welcome us and after settle down, he showed us where we should go and he help us made a plan for next two days. One of the attractions of this guest house is the indoor plants that Sherrill take care very passionately. The outdoor plants are great too, specially the lupine. The music skill of Doug will definitely charm anybody after the hectic day of sightseeing. There are two other individual we have come across in that guest house. They are Hisa and Nana, the Seldom In helpers. These two Japanese girls are just blended with the quality of the main host of the house. Besides keeping the house clean, they share candidly their experience of vast continental travel with us and we too were delighted to get a glimpse of the Japanese culture right at the heart of the Jasper. Regarding the facilities, the guest house got a nice clean kitchen with the entire necessary utensil available. The guest house provides hot coffee for free and we made our own food. The wash room provides enough clean towels as we have seen in any other big hotels. Bed rooms are nice and clean too. There was an extra big freeze in the up-stair where guests can store their food. The main shopping area of the Jasper town is 5 minutes’ walk from the guest house but astonishingly the area is very quiet. I will definitely stay in this guest house on my next visit to Jasper. Thank you Sherrill and Doug for being such a great host!!!!

Room Tip: Book your room well ahead or you will be disappointed as it seems like never get unoccupied.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank zahmed2013
There are newer reviews for Seldom In Guest House

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Lovely home, very experienced hosts, great location within 1-2 blocks of town, clean comfortable accommodations PLUS first-rate guidance on activities to do in the area, a folkie sing-a-long with guests and friends on acoustic guitars, a bottle of red wine, great conversation, interesting people -- what more could you want?! They do not serve breakfast, but they do have coffee and tea available, a refrigerator for guests, and full use of the kitchen (except for the stove). Sherrill and Doug are terrific and we felt very fortunate to have had the opportunity to stay with them for 2 nights. We left wanting more!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dsf23
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Sherrill and Doug obviously enjoy the art of hosting and entertaining guests. Both are avid outdoors folks who know the area's recreational activities extremely well. My wife and I were able to get more than enough advice and map material. Doug and Sherrill also know the town extremely well, to the extent that we joined an impromptu jam session at the Whistle Stop Pub based on Doug's advice. We had a great time! The room was basic but clean and comfortable, as was the shared bathroom. Accommodation is not inexpensive in Jasper, so this was great value. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wandering_gnome
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We could not have found a better place to stay in Jasper !
Everything was perfect. Room clean and comfortable. This is our best B&B experience ever.
Hosts are very friendly and helpful. If you love hiking, go for it !
Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Winnipeg2812
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

My wife and I came to Jasper for 2 days during our whirlwind tour of the Canadian Rockies. Cheryl (sp?) and Doug were great hosts and gave us a great introduction to the town with a map and recommendations for how to make the most of our time in Jasper. The atmosphere was friendly and each night we talked with other guests about the adventures we'd had and about our lives at home. The rate was extremely reasonable, the bed was comfortable, and room was small with shared bath but it suited our needs perfectly. If we come to Jasper again, we'll plan to stay at the Seldom In.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 25 April 2013

My husband and I stayed in seldom in for one nite in last Sept, and I really wish we had stayed longer. We chose Seldom in just because the other top-ranked B&Bs have been booked out in that peak season, but it turned out I made such a brilliant choice! We have travelled to many countries, stayed at from low-cost B&Bs to 5-star luxury hotels, but this is definitely the best place we have stayed. The room is super clean, and the view is more than gorgeous! I posted a picture taken from the stairs, which looks unreal and just like a landscape painting! Doug and Sherill are wonderful hosts, very warm-hearted. I remember on the day we left, Doug played guitar and Sherill sang a song "mississippi river". You are really a storybook couple!! I said you should be expecting more and more Chinese coming, yes you will.
[--]一!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shirleyland
Reviewed 20 November 2012

My partner and I stayed at Seldom In at the end of August and have nothing but good memories from our gracious hosts! Doug and Sherill have lived in Jasper for decades and have expert knowledge of the local trails, wildlife, and First Nations stories. Doug took us on a hike to look for bears! The day we left we even had live entertainment with Doug's guitar skills!
The rooms are comfortable, wi-fi access, very clean and quiet. Seldom In is in a great location, close to town but also the hiking trails up to Pyramid Lake.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple