“As others have said, my multiroom suite was delightful and the hosts were great”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jasper
Elkview Accommodation
Ranked #25 of 57 Jasper B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 June 2013

As others have said, my multiroom suite was delightful and the hosts were great. :))

Only meant as FYI: Do be aware that there is less to do in Jaspr than Banff. Hotels in Jasper and Banff are very expensive, There seem to be more BnBs in Jasper. The season has started, so best to call for accom in advance, esp on a weekend.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Room (suite 1) was in the basement, it's spacious and clean with a living area, kitchenette, bed, and bathroom. Floor was hardwood. The kitchenette was well equipped. The room was warm. The owners were very friendly and helpful. Elkview is located a short walk away from the restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Violetferrari
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We have stayed in this bed and breakfast in May and were very much surprised about the spaciousness of the accommodation. Everything we needed was there; a kitchen (without stove), perfect to eat a quick breakfast or heat some food up in the microwave, a sitting area with tv, a private bathroom and the bed slept great. And then there was even space to walk around a bit! The apartment was very very very clean and has its own entrance, shared with the other suite.
The b&b is situated just outside the centre of Jasper, but don't be put off by that as Jasper isn't really that big, and you will be in the center of the town in a 10 minute walk.
We were welcomed by Joe and later met Patti, and they both were really nice. Patti even suggested routes to drive and things to see on the night before we left.
I just read an earlier review about problems with noise, but we didn't notice it that much. Of course, sometimes we would hear people walk around the house but it's still an accommodation in someone's home so it was something we had taken into account before we booked. We also met the dog, we thought she was cute.
When you stay with Joe and Patti, make sure you also book one of their tours. We did the wildlife tour and it was great.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MazouV
Reviewed 23 May 2013

After reading the other reviews we were looking forward to staying at Elkview for the Jasper leg of our trip. First impressions weren't great as the dog and general mess in the yard was a little off putting. However the apartment itself was very nice - clean, spacious and well equipped. Really liked the decor and it was nice to have coffee there plus some toiletries. So really can't fault it on that front.

The one thing though that ruined our stay really was the amount of noise from upstairs, it was a pretty much constant stream of thumping, clattering and what sounded like it could've been some form of aerobics! As a result the time we actually spent IN the apartment was very much not relaxing at all, which was a shame as it would've been nice to just come back and chill out in the evenings after a busy day.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank impgrrrl
Jaspermomof3, Owner at Elkview Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

I hope from afar that you will accept our apologies for a stay that wasn't up to your standards. I only wish we'd been made aware of the issues at the time when we had the power to rectify them. As is the case with private home accommodation in Jasper, guests suites do reside in our principal residences and they are subject to the sounds of daily life. I can assure future guests, that the sounds of daily life begin in the morning and end at bedtime. As to the assertion that it was aerobic in nature, it may have been during Hockey Night in Canada. The play-offs were on at the time of your stay and perhaps we were a little overzealous in our Canadiana. Again, Sorry. I'm sure you'll not suggest that this carried on into the night as we are an early to bed family and very conscious of the noise level when it's bedtime for one and all, you included. For future guests, If there is something not to your liking, please don't hesitate to bring it up in the moment so we can fix it. We understand that while you're saving a lot of money with this type of stay, it shouldn't be without the same sort of courtesy that one might expect anywhere. And we are sorry about our family dog. Gypsy is quite lovely but if you are put off by dogs, there isn't much to be done. She's staying. The yard has gone through it's spring transition and is quite nice now. We will be a little more on top of that next time. Take care, and again.... Sorry.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

I stayed at Elkview for four nights a couple of days ago after a friend put me in contact with the owners Joe & Patti when needing a bed for a photography trip. During those days I stayed in Suite 1 which is in the basement and has hardwood floor throughout the rooms (very nice to not have carpet with all sorts of things in it if you're allergic like me).

The kitchenette had a fridge with freezer, a microwave, table and chairs, sink plus cutlery and all the stuff you need if you want to heat up some stuff or cool your drinks or ice packs. In the living/bed room are two comfy sofas, a large table, a desk and satellite tv and the bed sits in a corner plus there's a bathroom with a shower.

Everything was clean, and by clean I mean 'wake up at 3 a.m., wander to the fridge for a sip of water and get back into bed without having all sorts of unknown objects under your bare feet'-clean. What I really liked was the bed which was clean of course but also the mattress was not worn out and still gave good back support, so after being outdoors for 12hrs a day I got a real good sleep.

The house is along the main road and it is only a five minute walk until you are in the middle of all pubs, restaurants and stores that provide you food and entertainment in the evening. This is a really great thing if you don't want to use the car all the time and don't mind a short walk for whatever you need to get 'downtown' for.

I had a great stay during these days, forgot to mention they provide wifi free of charge as well. And you don't have to share it with 100+ other guests so checking your emails real quick won't take longer than a minute compared to the slow high speed wifi you get in hotels.

If you are one of those people who visit places so afterwards they find something to complain about, there is one thing. The rail tracks of the busy railway is a few hundred meters away and if the wind is bad and you are a sensitive person you can it and complain. Personally it didn't bother me at all after the third train, so if it would bother you, just don't go.

Considering the great rate compared to other places in Jasper there was nothing for me to complain about and it was really great value for the money. Highly recommended if you don't need more than a bed and a shower while enjoying nature in Jasper.

The owner Joe is also running the Jasper Tour Company and offers wildlife and other tours in and around Jasper, as I've been to Jasper many times and know my way around I had no interest in them so I can't say anything about them (just google it). But if you're visiting and need a good local guide, Joe seems to be the man in town as I heard from people I met.

New top of the list of my favorite places to stay in Jasper!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Rhader
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I stayed at elk view accomadation with my two children. We had a spacious two bedroom suite that was very clean and comfortable. The beds had nice linen and there were plenty of towels provided. It was a tremendous value. I would gladly go back anytime. We also had the pleasure of having Joe guide us on the Maligne Canyon ice walk, see Jasper Tour Company. It was a very memorable experience. Thanks Patti & Joe for taking such good care of us on a great family holiday in Jasper! We will be back again next year!!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Stayed here in winter while enjoying the Jasper in January festivities. We had Suite 2 which was spacious, very clean, and comfortable. There is a small kitchenette (no stove) with full size fridge and microwave, good for making lighter meals; a nice sitting area with 2 couches; a cozy sleeping area. The bed was comfortable with a nice fluffy duvet. It is at the west end of town, a few minute walk to most restaurants/amenities. We would stay here again - great value!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple