“Always stay here”

Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Jasper
Seoul, South Korea
“Always stay here”
Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. Nice place to stay. Great staff. Ask for room 101. It is a bit pricier, but a bit newer than the others. Has more of a mountain feel to it. These guys have a very old hotel, they are slowly doing some upgrades here & there. I often come to ski, but also come here to bike in the warmer months.

If you are looking for something central for a good price, it is here. If you are shopping for a room based on price, remember you get what you pay for. If you are used to travelling on a budget, you won't mind this place.

If you are not used to travelling on a budget and are watching your pennies, don't get upset with your stay. The hotel is old. I'm cheap, so I get it. For a lower priced hotel, this is what you get. You can go cheaper in Jasper. It will either be a hostel, a hotel with shared toilets, or a B&B.

This is the best place to stay for the price. It's better if you book directly than book through an online agent. I find email to be the best. If you stay more than once, they give you a great return rate.

Don't expect the Ritz if you are cheap. If you are cheap, the pub downstairs is a bit more reasonable for food and drinks than others. The Italian place up the road is great for food too. The staff are really great. Housekeeping does an awesome job for the age of the hotel.

That's my 411 for today...

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank GlobeTrottr411

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Personally I will never stay at this hotel again, this was the worst experience ever between their lack of customer service and the room. First off their idea of a “king size bed” is two singles pushed together where you can feel the crack between each bed most uncomfortable sleep, If you are a taller person you do not want this room as the shower is extremely small , their source of hot water is no good one minute it’s okay temperature next minute its burning hot then extremely cold, one of the morning’s I couldn’t even get the hot water to turn on. The walls are very thin you can hear everything from other room’s. Their front desk staff are absolutely terrible did not inform us upon check in of the live band playing below the hotel until 1 am our room was literally vibrating and sounded as if we were in the bar. When I went to inform the front desk agent she made a face when I told her which room I was in then said yehhh their right under our room however “ this little sign has been here all day stating their was a live band” I think I should of be informed upon check in as I checked into the hotel Friday and there was no sign why would I have any reason to go up to front desk on Saturday and this so called sign was the smallest sign ever without actually standing there no one would of noticed it they had the I don’t care attitude when we checked in/complained/ and check out they did not try to accommodate our needs what so ever. If I hadn’t previously lived and worked in jasper for 3 years by the way I was treated at this hotel I personally wouldn’t return to Jasper. Trust me spend the extra money for a decent hotel and one that will actually treat you respectfully.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Samantha-lynne D

Travellers are raving about these Jasper hotels

edmonton
Reviewed 16 March 2013

The room was clean and fine for the night. It was a little dated like most of jasper. If you need a hotel for a night on a budget this one will do just fine. The room was small and still had an old tv. Pink tile in the bathroom.... never seen that before!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Staff was very friendly, the restaurant was good but the hotel needs serious upgrading. The room we had was tiny, and the bathroom was even tinier. After spending 3 days on the bus though, this place was perfect for us. Just don't expect luxury and you'll enjoy yourself.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2013 via mobile

Older and outdated but very cozy. We were quite happy! The staff was great! The rooms are very small but the location makes up for any issues! I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be in the centre of the action!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Jcgilroy
Banff, Canada
Reviewed 9 February 2013

We won a trip up to Jasper for two nights and stayed here for both night. The hotel is a little old but everything was clean and had all that we required.
The staff were friendly and willing to offer their opinions on places of interests in and around town.
Conveniently located in the middle of town next to food and drink spots.

While riding at Mammut Basin I suffered a concussion and was hospitalised. As part of this we had to re-arrange our pre booked bus and delay it for a day. This was no problem during the day however I was finally released from hospital late that night and we decided to go back to our original bus times. Unfortunately the bus company Sundog was already closed. My fiancée left phone messages and e-mails in the hopes that we would be back on the 7:00am bus. Once we returned to the hotel we talked to the manager. He was very friendly and helpful. He happened to be friends with the owner of Sundog and phoned his personal mobile as well as leaving him a Facebook message. In the end when we called Sundog at 6:00am in the morning they answered straight away by asking if it was my partner calling.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Salatious
Brockville, Canada
Reviewed 16 January 2013

The room was crowded for two people. I guess we were a bit spoiled from our previous hotel in Harvie Heights - Banff Boundary Lodge is so much bigger and cheaper than this place. On a positive note, the staff were frienldy. It is close to restaurants and other attractions in Jasper.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family