Apparently Sir Arthur Conan Doyle visited the lodge and said something about it being 'better than heaven.' I tried to read his review here but I couldn't find it. This is the kind of place that John Denver or Dolly Parton would have loved to have taped a Christmas special from in the early to mid '80s.
My wife and I were so excited about coming to the Fairmont for a short post-Christmas vacation that we drove into a snowbank near Edson. I'm not kidding.
Since we got here after the Christmas exodus had fled, the lodge was really quiet and peaceful. No crowds, no noise. When we checked in, the staff had upgraded our cabin for us at no extra charge, which was a class move. It was probably an upsell technique to try and get us to pay and upgrade even further but we didn't take the bait.
Since the accomodations are cabins, it obviously requires a walk out-of-doors to get to the dining area, the pool, the overpriced gift shops, etc. Some people thought this was a bad thing. I actually enjoyed it. The delicious scenery, wholesome fresh air, and the smell of the trees are an essential part of the Jasper experience. If somebody just wants to sit around a hotel room and watch pay-per-view they're in the wrong place. This is an excellent place for a winter getaway. I don't recommend coming here during peak tourist season however.
Unfortunately the lodge is quite a ways from the town of Jasper so you will need a car if you don't plan on staying at the Fairmont for the duration of your vacation.
We've never been there in the summer yet but it's on our 'to experience' list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by snow-capped peaks and sparkling lakes, The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge welcomes you to the Grand Rocky Mountain Lodge Experience. The charming cabins and rustic elegance make it the embodiment of peace, tranquility and natural beauty. Enjoy great golf, a luxury Spa, spectacular outdoor adventure opportunities, uncrowded ski slopes and fine cuisine at The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Fairmont Hotels, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Jasper Park Hotel Jasper
- Jasper Park Lodge
- Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Jasper
- Jasper Fairmont