I stayed in a cabin at this hotel in May 2011 when visiting my sister who lives in Calgary.
I cannot say enough wonderful things about this hotel. The location is wonderful, it is close to downtown Jasper yet far enough outside of town that you feel you are truly in the wilderness. The lobby is beautiful and the grounds are amazing. The view on the lake with the mountains is really what sells this hotel.
It is pricey to stay here, but I would not expect anything else from a hotel of this quality and in such a location. We rented a canoe and went out on the lake - beautiful and worth the money. We ate at the upscale restaurant on site - I will say, the bill was a little much, but - it was absolutely wonderful food. I do think for the money, the service could have been slightly more attentive but its nothing worthy of complaints.
The heated pool is a great touch so you can swim under the mountains any time of day/season/year. I had a pedicure at the spa - I *highly* recommend the spa here. The prices are fair, and prior to your appointment, you have access to the pool, sauna, steam room, etc. You get a robe and slippers and have a lounge room that looks out to the mountains with complimentary drinks and small snacks (muffins, etc).
I believe for only something like $20/day you can access everything at the hotel (canoes, restaurants, spa, etc) without actually having to have a room booked or stay at the hotel. This could be a great option for people staying at a lower priced hotel in Jasper to still be able to experience the atmosphere here.
Overall, the hotel is wonderful. The location sells this place, despite it being on the very pricey side of hotels. I would definitely recommend it if you have the money to spare.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by snow-capped peaks and sparkling lakes, The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge welcomes you to the Grand Rocky Mountain Lodge Experience. The charming cabins and rustic elegance make it the embodiment of peace, tranquility and natural beauty. Enjoy great golf, a luxury Spa, spectacular outdoor adventure opportunities, uncrowded ski slopes and fine cuisine at The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Fairmont Hotels, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Jasper Park Hotel Jasper
- Jasper Park Lodge
- Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Jasper
- Jasper Fairmont