Maligne Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Filia Inn(Jasper)
  • Free Internet
Tekarra Lodge(Jasper National Park)
View Hotel
All reviewsbeds were comfortablethe outdoor hot tubpleasant stayfull kitchenseparate bedroomcoffee makerjasper national parkwickedaccommodationsedmontonmountainsqueenhikingfireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I got great deal on a mid week ski package for $122 after taxes, compared to the lowest price I could find online for a hotel in town was $89 plus tax for hotel only (plus $76 for lift pass).
The room was very clean and well furnished and maintained, most of the room was taken up by the very comfy king size bed, but it was still big enough for one. It is a motel style hotel, with the doors leading to outside instead of inside corridors, which was a little noisy, but as I'm a light sleeper I always make a habbit of sleeping with ear plugs. The pool and hot tub looked very nice and well maintained, I will remember to bring my bathing suit next time.
Overall its a great hotel for the money. Definately not 5 star but I've stayed in a lot worse for alot more.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2012

The following is from an email I wrote to Maligne lodge after a stay there in January 2012 - the final insult to the whole saga; they could not even be bothered to acknowledge my email or my concerns, be warned: I stayed at the lodge from January 2nd to January 5th. I was in Jasper to get married as I had pointed out at the time when I made my initial booking.
I had the misfortune however to be placed in Family Room 103, I was VERY disappointed with this room for the following reasons:
1) The back bedroom has no window to the out doors and it is extremely stuffy
2) The whole apartment was at 28C despite the heating being turned OFF
3) We had to have the ceiling fan going all night long which was noisy,creaky and completely ineffective
4) Due to the location next to the laundry there are water pipes right above the bedroom ceiling which have an airlock and bang and rattle every 11 minutes - yes I know this precisely as I spent a great deal of the night lying awake listening to them as the room was so stiflingly hot it was impossible to sleep !
The result - I had to get married after having barely any sleep. What is frustrating is that when one of the caretakers came around to take a look - and yes they acknowledged all of the 'known' problems - they said it was just a function of the room being next to the laundry and yes there had been complaints before. My question then, is why do you keep putting guests in this sub standard room and charging them the normal rates ?

When we got back from the wedding my husband asked if we could get a different room to sleep in (this would have minimised the fuss of all 4 of us that were staying in 103 having to move all of our belongings AGAIN) - but no, we were told that we would all have to vacate 103 and move to another suite. Although the room we moved to was significantly better, it did however mean that on my wedding day I had to waste an hour moving 4 people from one room to another.

Really, I do not think this level of customer service is good enough, nobody even apologised for all of the disruption caused. I would like to know what management has to say about this overall experience before I post this account on Trip Advisor which I think currently paints a rather too-rosy picture of your establishment.

............................. only radio silence ensued, hence the post .............................

Room Tip: This is very much a motel rather than a hotel - avoid the corner rooms by the laundry like the plague.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2012

the rooms are clean and well set up, comfy king bed, fridge, pool, hot tub. The mid week price with lift tickets for Marmot was terrific. Location is a healthy walk from town centre, but a beautiful scenic walk too. Good and inexpensive breakfast available in the morning. The ski shuttle bus for marmot stops at the front door.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skiinbikinguy
Reviewed 7 February 2012

this was my first visit to Jasper, and i stayed at the Maligne lodge a nice hotel in beautiful jasper, the indoor swimming pool is a bonus, i booked my room through the hotel directly the girl at the front desk was super helpful.
when i will revisit jasper Maligne lodge is my home

Room Tip: Book through the hotel you get a good deal.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian D
Reviewed 16 January 2012

This was our second stay at this hotel while skiing at Marmot, so I'll keep this review short.

Rooms are good - they clearly try to stand out from some of the other hotels in area. However, the bathrooms are in desperate need of renos. The previous renos are messy and while the bathroom is clean, its time they just completely re-do the bathrooms.

We opted to have breakfast at the hotel for the first time. It took 60 mins to get our food. I would have just walked out, but I was convinced to stay. Its ridiculous to wait longer than 20 mins for breakfast food. I won't eat there again. Head down the road to the Soft Rock cafe for better food and service at the same price.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple