“Just what I needed!”
Review of Maligne Lodge

Maligne Lodge
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Jasper
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I got into Jasper around 9 PM on a Monday (forgot about the time zone change from BC) and had no accommodation sorted. I took a punt with Maligne Lodge and was very pleasantly surprised. The reception area was warm and friendly, the receptionist very helpful, and I was given an excellent price for a single room ($98 inc taxes ... they were having an October special). He also pointed me in the direction of the Whistle Stop Bar in town for some decent cheap food ... I got a great burger and a beer and live blues - awesome! The room was a very good size and had a pleasant smell on entry. The bed was huge and as good as any I've slept in. The free wifi was fast and reliable. Noise at night due to the train line on the other side of the main road was the only negative for me but it was a minor one and any place on the main drag will be similarly affected.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Elisabeth B, General Manager at Maligne Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you and that you were pleasantly surprised. It`s great to know that we were ``just what your needed`- helpful staff, comfortable bed and free WIFI. Customer satisfaction is a practice that we take very seriously and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again on your next visit to Jasper.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

quick response and helpful. also very good location and nice bed. i got trouble with my luggage handle which was broken when i arrived hotel, the staff enabled to come over and fix for me without delay.
though the rooms and place is not new, but the staff are helpful and quick response to different requests from different guests.

1  Thank imsonia

We appreciate you sharing your kind words on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that the staff were able to assist you with your luggage repair in a timely fashion. I will share your comments with the staff at the Maligne Lodge. Hopefully on your next visit to Jasper we will be able to accommodate you again.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We only stayed here as we arrived in Jasper quite late and couldn’t find anywhere else. The only room available was a suite located in the pool block which we were give quite a good discount. This was still dearer than we had anticipated however that was our fault for not prebooking a hotel before we arrived in Jasper. The bedroom was separate to the lounge/kitchenette which was nice. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. There was lemonade in reception as well as coffee. The kitchen was fairly well stocked with cutlery pans etc although they were not of the best quality. The room was clean. It was a nice walk into town. Breakfast was OK.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WorldTravellers8

I am glad to see that we were able to accommodate you as Jasper does get quite busy at certain times of the year. We receive many positive commetns from our guests on the complimentary lemonade and coffee in our lobby. We are reviewing our kitchen inventory items this winter to ensure that our kitchens are well stocked and meet the standards our guests expect. Thank you for posting your comments.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

When we pulled to this hotel it didn't look like much I was worried! But our room was just ok,smelled old but we paid $300 a night. It is outdated, and bathroom light didn't work we asked them to change the bulb but did nothing we finally figured out it was just the breaker would blow . Something they could of told us! I also had to phone for towels 2! If this room was 100 or 150 per night It wouldn't of bothered me th call front desk 3 times, but 300 is a little much for what we had. I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Room with fire place sounds way better than it is.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

We appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay. Your comments have been shared with my management team to ensure that this was an isolated occurrence and that all proper procedures are being followed.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Hotel was lovely. Rooms really comfy and clean at bit noisy as courtyard amplified the sound but didn't spoil the stay. Staff friendly and breakfast was good definitely recommend. Short walk to maim area

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Clean comfy rooms, friendly staff and good breakfast selection are few of our many selling points. Thank you for your positive comments. All of the staff and management hope you enjoyed your stay in Jasper and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Canadian Rockies.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Its not that impressive from outside. It looks like a motel and a not a great one at that. However, its obvious there's care taken as the rooms are very clean, the beds are great ( in fact better than some 4-5 star hotels I've stayed in), there's quality bedlinen and shampoos etc. The property itself is what it is but it will provide you with a good night's sleep. There's apparently a fitness centre, spa and sauna as well as the basic cafe. The disadvantage is that is a bit far from the 'centre' of Jasper but if you like a stroll, it's good value.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing inside rather than the road if you are sensitive to noise as you can hear t...
1  Thank globalgal444
Elisabeth B, General Manager at Maligne Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

I am delighted to hear that you were pleasantly surprised about the property. We care about the experience our guest has during their stay and take pride in providing a clean and comfortable room. Thank you for sharing your comments and we hope to host you again should you find yourself in Jasper in the near future.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Dear fellow travel people-I have been to many many hotels and I try to be as fair as I can with reviews.
I read beforehand the reviews for the Maligne Lodge to sum it up they were mostly bad.I tried to book in with other properties but mostly they were all booked up for this weekend past--sooo I took a chance.

I was amazed,delighted and what the heck where those other people talking about?
I have stayed at the Jasper Park Lodge before and it was awful-to stay in those rustic cabins God awful,a rip off-they should be mowed down-Back to the Maligne Lodge now-
Upon check in wonderful-we checked in at 6pm from Prince George.We had a pool side room room 154 excellant.We worried that there might be noise from that wonderful big pool-but we really couldn't hear anything.
The beds were ultra comfortable with nice duvets.There was a large coffee maker(coffee-2packs of coffee),fridge,lots of extra bedding,pillows and an iron and board(my favs).The bathroom had a wonderful bathmat and handrail,shower curtain that extended outward-it was spotless--and shampoo,soap etc.
The whole room was great-flat screen Tv-alarm clock-and really the place was full of cars everywhere(free parking) BUT it was soo nice and quiet-We went to the hot tub two nights in a row-again a wonderful experience-lots of towels-nice temperature--the swimming pool was tremendous-for the price --would I recommend this place hands down! hands down-We talked with other guests who were there for a wedding and they had 2 suites with option to cook-they said that everything was there for cooking if they had wished to do so-no complaints at all!
This hotel is the first hotel that you encounter coming into Jasper--it's funny how people say in their reviews "boo hoo" it's soo far away from town-this in a place of hiking-really??? it's maybe a 10 min walk on a nice sidewalk-and they have taxis!! 24/7-Geesh cry me a river people-have you seen the price of B and B's downtown compared to this lovely hotel??
Book this place you will love the staff,the room,the pool,the hot tub,the price!!! the quiet!!I will go back in a heartbeat thank you Maligne Lodge for making my weekend exceptional!I am telling everyone I know that this is the go to pace in Jasper!!Parking is free!! and it looks just like the picture!no false advertising here! I hated to get up this morning!

Room Tip: room 154 amazing!!
2  Thank BMBbc

It is great to hear that you were amazed and delighted with your stay at the Maligne Lodge. We appreciate your sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Its always a pleasure to read positive comments about the hotel and that you would return "in a heart beat" and that we were able to make your weekend exceptional. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Please contact me directly so that I can assist you with your reservations.