All reviewsbeds were comfortablepool and hot tubhotel roompleasant stayseparate bedroomfull kitchencoffee makerjasper national parkwickededmontonmountainsqueenfireplace
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I got into Jasper around 9 PM on a Monday (forgot about the time zone change from BC) and had no accommodation sorted. I took a punt with Maligne Lodge and was very pleasantly surprised. The reception area was warm and friendly, the receptionist very helpful, and I was given an excellent price for a single room ($98 inc taxes ... they were having an October special). He also pointed me in the direction of the Whistle Stop Bar in town for some decent cheap food ... I got a great burger and a beer and live blues - awesome! The room was a very good size and had a pleasant smell on entry. The bed was huge and as good as any I've slept in. The free wifi was fast and reliable. Noise at night due to the train line on the other side of the main road was the only negative for me but it was a minor one and any place on the main drag will be similarly affected.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Elisabeth B, General Manager at Maligne Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you and that you were pleasantly surprised. It`s great to know that we were ``just what your needed`- helpful staff, comfortable bed and free WIFI. Customer satisfaction is a practice that we take very seriously and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again on your next visit to Jasper.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

quick response and helpful. also very good location and nice bed. i got trouble with my luggage handle which was broken when i arrived hotel, the staff enabled to come over and fix for me without delay.
though the rooms and place is not new, but the staff are helpful and quick response to different requests from different guests.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank imsonia

We appreciate you sharing your kind words on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that the staff were able to assist you with your luggage repair in a timely fashion. I will share your comments with the staff at the Maligne Lodge. Hopefully on your next visit to Jasper we will be able to accommodate you again.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We only stayed here as we arrived in Jasper quite late and couldn’t find anywhere else. The only room available was a suite located in the pool block which we were give quite a good discount. This was still dearer than we had anticipated however that was our fault for not prebooking a hotel before we arrived in Jasper. The bedroom was separate to the lounge/kitchenette which was nice. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. There was lemonade in reception as well as coffee. The kitchen was fairly well stocked with cutlery pans etc although they were not of the best quality. The room was clean. It was a nice walk into town. Breakfast was OK.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WorldTravellers8

I am glad to see that we were able to accommodate you as Jasper does get quite busy at certain times of the year. We receive many positive commetns from our guests on the complimentary lemonade and coffee in our lobby. We are reviewing our kitchen inventory items this winter to ensure that our kitchens are well stocked and meet the standards our guests expect. Thank you for posting your comments.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

When we pulled to this hotel it didn't look like much I was worried! But our room was just ok,smelled old but we paid $300 a night. It is outdated, and bathroom light didn't work we asked them to change the bulb but did nothing we finally figured out it was just the breaker would blow . Something they could of told us! I also had to phone for towels 2! If this room was 100 or 150 per night It wouldn't of bothered me th call front desk 3 times, but 300 is a little much for what we had. I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Room with fire place sounds way better than it is.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

We appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay. Your comments have been shared with my management team to ensure that this was an isolated occurrence and that all proper procedures are being followed.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Hotel was lovely. Rooms really comfy and clean at bit noisy as courtyard amplified the sound but didn't spoil the stay. Staff friendly and breakfast was good definitely recommend. Short walk to maim area

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Clean comfy rooms, friendly staff and good breakfast selection are few of our many selling points. Thank you for your positive comments. All of the staff and management hope you enjoyed your stay in Jasper and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Canadian Rockies.