“Not worth the money”

Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Jasper
sherwood park
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed 19 January 2009

Bathrooms were run down, dishwasher didn't work because they looked like they were from the 70's along with the oven. The dry sauna is a waste of time and money if you are wanting to get a room with one in it. The kitchen cabinets looked like they were purchased from an old hotel that was being torn down, the room's are very slapped together. Do not expect a fit and finish room. At 320 dollars a night for the room with a kitchenette.
One very small indoor hot for the hotel, comfortably maybe six adults and how many rooms does it have? If you want to use the hot tub get in line just like everyone else. The parking sucks. If you want to get a good spot and keep it,get there early and do not use your vehicle for the entire weekend. The only thing I enjoyed was the size of the rooms and the beds.

• Liked — The beds
  • Disliked — The price
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Pembroke, Ontario
Reviewed 6 November 2008

Decided on this hotel as a friend recommended it. Stayed 3 days. Kind of expensive but worth it just for the bed alone. I've never had a more comfortable sleep! Check in went smoothly and quickly with a very friendly and helpful staff. They recommended their bed and breakfast package which we took as it was just slightly more than the room by itself. The service in the restaurant was very nice and we had a very friendly server. The room itself was quite clean and nicely decorated but the carpets should be replaced as they look old. The bathroom was clean and had all the ammenities that we needed. The outdoor hot tub was very nice after a long day but the internet availability was not very good. Poor signal. Overall, quite a nice stay. Would recommend to my friends as well.

• Liked — The very comfortable bed and friendly front desk staff
  • Disliked — Internet connection
CANADA
Reviewed 26 October 2008

I had a wicked trip in Jasper, I stayed at the Maligne Lodge for 2 nights with my boyfriend and everything was just perfect. Very friendly staff, we had the chance to meet the executive housekeeper, Daniel Paquet, who made sure that would have an awesome stay. We had a king size bed in a first floor room - thing that we really appreciated because we didn’t have to walk up and down the stairs all the time ! The room was cleaned and refilled with new towels and coffee and they even washed our dishes after our first night. The outdoor hot tub was very enjoyable after a big day and very clean. Only few dollars for an unforgettable weekend !! Thank you guys, keep up the good work !

Pickering
Reviewed 25 October 2008

We recently stayed at Maligne Lodge, we really enjoyed ourselves. We had a separate bedroom, so our son could stay up and watch TV. The pool and hot tub were very relaxing and clean. The staff was friendly and seem to enjoy their job. The front desk staff was expecially helpful. We will definetly go back

• Liked — the size of the rooms, comfy beds, and friendly staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
northern bc
Reviewed 20 October 2008

We are two couples, one from northern BC, one from Calgary. Our rooms, although they were down a flight of stairs on the ground floor were great. The staff were very professional and you can tell that management is doing their job well. The rooms were spotless, the amenities were great, the bed and pillows were fabulous. There was lots of wood for our fireplaces. You can't get a better room in Jasper for the price. And I know cause I used to work and live there.
Way to go folks, it was great - see you next year!

Edmonton
Reviewed 7 October 2008

I was very disappointed by the staying experience, the followings are some of my complains:
1- To start it was not inexpensive, so paying what I paid make me expect more. It was CAD$102 a night in the value season.
2- The room was in the first floor, with a big window that makes me feel I'm staying in the street, I had to close the curtains in order to feel some privacy, even I believe we could be heard from outside.
3- The carpet was stained with big yellow stain, it gave us an impression about the cleanness.
4- The room looked like it was designed for little people, I barely could sit on the toilet seat as it was very smll and made us all very uncomfortable.
5- The Internet slow and usage is limited by 6 hours a day, nevertheless I was cut off after 30 mins of my usage claiming I exceeded my download limit (nothing was mentioned about a download limit in the rules) even though I was just browsing the news and didn't download or viewed any videos.

I'm not a picky person, but I have minimum expectations and they weren't met in this hotel, I was pissed of especially about the toilet and the internet. That is the minimum I expect in any hotel.

• Stayed October 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Jasper hotels

UK
Reviewed 1 September 2008

The website makes this look like a good 3* hotel, but in actuality it is nowhere near. The ordinary rooms are typical motel rooms - we were on the ground floor so needed to keep our curtains drawn during the day so that all our belongings were not on show. According to the Jasper hotel booklet, this was one of the cheapest hotels in Jasper - and you could tell. However, our travel agent was charged over the odds.

The room was generally OK, but very basic. The taps in the shower worked in opposite directions which made for either scalding or freezing water when you turned it off, until you worked out the system.

The carpet was not hoovered during our stay until we asked, then it was. However, this helped little with my husband's dust allergy, because the dust was obviously a long term issue.

The hotel was 10 minutes walk from the beginning of the town centre, so was not convenient at all.

The staff generally were helpful, but working under difficult circumstances

• Liked — It was in Jasper
  • Disliked — Almost everything
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple