“Comfortable large rooms”

Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Jasper
worcestershire
“Comfortable large rooms”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

His hotel is a little out of the centre but easy walking distance. Rooms are really comfortable with plenty of room & good lighting, after a day out a nice place to return to. Breakfast buffet is adequate but uninspiring.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank C2Cdoneit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Upon Arrival to the Chateau Jasper I went inside to see if we could check in early. The girl at the desk informed me that there is a note for me? She handed me over a piece of paper that said they have overbooked and could no accomodate me that night and that I was being bumped to their sister hotel "Lobstick Lodge" next door. I did see on the desk "guest relocation chart" and my name was the only one on the list! I feel that I was choosen to be bumped because I booked this through Expedia. I called Expedia them to tell them what was going on and that I was unhappy. The Expedia rep called the Chateau to try and get me some sort of refund, but the manager refused and would only give me breakfast. I was upset about this because I booked the Chateau for a reason, it had higher reviews than the Lobstick. The girl at the desk said that they've given me an upgrade at the Lobstick, which they did I now had 2 King beds instead of 2 doubles.
I was in town visiting friends, so I told them what happened at the hotel and they said apparently they over book all the time and bumped people!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Jennifuh

Travellers are raving about these Jasper hotels

London UK
Reviewed 17 August 2012 via mobile

Chose this hotel after careful read of all the reviews. Hotel gave us a high floor quiet room as requested. Kids enjoyed indoor pool. Fair walk downtown but ok. Room old fashioned and really old and horrible bedding - sheet + v basic blanket. Shame about bedding as hotel fine

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank CaliLondonUK
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Stay for four nights early July. Generous size, twin double bed room that looked as if it had recently been redecorated. All the usual room facilities plus fridge and kettle. The hotel is on the outskirts of the town in a quiet and fairly traffic free area about a 10 minute walk from the center. We didn't use the pool or restaurant so cannot comment on these. The hotel is part of a chain of four in Jasper and we were given 15% discount vouchers for all their restaurants and for other Jasper attractions. We found the best value dinning was next door at the Holiday Inn, three courses $26.
A good base to explore the Jasper area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank chris m
Stockport UK
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We enjoyed 3 nights at Chateau Jasper. The room was large and perfectly adequate for our stay, good free wifi, friendly and helpful staff. About 10 mins walk from centre of Jasper. Only negative comment would be that bathroom could do with decorating.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pmf8
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Clean hotel. Room are large and clean with new flat screen TVs. The rest is very dated and need of a rejuvenation. Expensive for what it is. But it seems that all the hotels in Jasper are quite similar. We had dinner there and the food is decent. Overall: good enough, nothing to brag about

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Philippe M
Inverness
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Stayed at the hotel for 5 nights in July 2012. Comfortable, clean hotel with well-appointed rooms. Restaurant is OK, nothing special, but there are plenty other eating options in the town. The grasping approach to gratuities is off though. When the bill arrives, the 'expected' gratuity is listed at the bottom and calculated for you at 15%, 18% and a staggering 20%. Somebody had even run a highlighter over the 'expected gratuity' line. We were also told face-to-face at reception that our card was to be swiped for 'damage to the room' as well as for incidentals. Is this customer care Canadian style? I think not! In general, Canada is an exceptionally friendly country and Chateau Jasper would do well to reassess its approaches. It might also respond to customer comments - which we left on checking out.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple