“beautiful property”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jasper
Patricia Lake Bungalows Resort
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Jasper
Georgetown, Texas
“beautiful property”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This is a really nice, quiet place to stay near a pretty lake and away from town but not too far to be inconvenient. Our cabin had windows that only opened up from the bottom a few inches so air flow was about nonexistent. Fortunately it cooled down at night and there was an oscillating fan to make the room more comfortable. Check in and check out were easy and kitchenette sufficient. There seemed to be only one common grill was is not really enough for all the cabins without one. Laundry hours do not start until 9 am which is kind of late really. It seemed like a place families go yearly for vacation. Their rental rate of $25/hour for canoe was really exorbitant. When they say wifi might drop off the mountain what they should say is if you are really really lucky you might have wifi.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2014

A group of 14 of us booked a block of adjacent units at Patricia Lake Bungalows so we could do 4 days of hiking on the trails of Jasper National Park. We were able to enjoy our meals together on the grounds of the property and found the staff to be most accommodating.
We had the misfortune of having the full-sized refrigerator in our unit fail. We informed the front desk of the problem and then left for our morning hike.
We were delighted when we returned that evening to find that a new refrigerator had been installed in our room while we were away and all our food items had been neatly transferred into the new unit. Hassle-free, perfect service.
We would not hesitate to whole heartedly recommend this quiet, comfortable resort. It is very conveniently located relative to the townsite, is on a picturesque lake and is frequented by wildlife (notably elk/wapiti).

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. Detached units will provide a little more privacy.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed here with my mum as part of her dream holiday to Canada for 3 nights, and it was amazing. We had elk eating the flowers from our flower pots to grazing near us whilst we were in the hot tub. I took a photo of the shoreline of Lake Patricia and later realised that I had captured a bear and her cub as well. We loved the serenity of the place and the "locals" that came to visit.. It made my mum's holiday more memorable. The staff were so welcoming and helped in every way to make our stay enjoyable. I would highly recommend to stay here I only wish we had stayed longer, it is amazing!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Nice, quiet family place to stay. Loved seeing the elk wander in and have a snooze by the playground. The room was clean. We rented canoes and enjoyed an afternoon paddling around the lake. I would come back again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank joaniec599
Clearwater Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Our 3rd stay was 4 night stay. This time we reserved a Cavell Suite. Not disappointed at all. The cleanliness, decor, and comfort of fireplace and 2 big screen TV. Elk visited us morning and evening! Hot tub, laundry facilities, kayak rentals, and a staff that is pleasant and always avail themselves make you fell like family. We see a fourth stay from our Florida home in the mix! Thank you and we will come again. Bob and Pamm

Room Tip: You won't be disappointed, we have been in three different units
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bearcatbob
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I just returned from holiday at PLB, which I booked due to TA reviews. It was nice to have a kitchen, and to be located a little out of town, but I was not impressed. I stayed in a 2 BR deluxe, room B, which had 2 BR with a queen, full, and a sofabed. Reading other reviews stating 'impeccably clean' is not true. I wear socks in rooms, and the bottoms of my socks were almost black with grime from the floor. GROSS! The mattress or mattress cover was itchy. The rooms are small, the front of my locations was glass, open to the front. I could not have ANY type of privacy with curtains open. The shower was just a shower, no tub. It was quite cramped, and I am slender and not tall a 5'3" and 105#. There is no place to store luggage. They also had odd-shaped cups which were difficult to wash, and there is no dishwasher, so I am sure they weren't that deep-cleaned. Also, there are only a couple pots, and the only skillet was a cast iron one. I think the septic well was behind my room, as there was always a bit of an off smell, and I saw a small piece of wood over an area on lawn.
It is not the hotel's fault that I travelled alone, but after a 12 hour drive to arrive there, I felt quite ill. I asked the front desk clerk if there was anyone on property at night, in case I needed some kind of assistance. She told me I could use the telephone outside the lobby to call the maintenance guy to come get me and take me to hospital. I am an American girl traveling alone, and she suggest going to hospital. She must have thought I was made of money or she wasn't too bright, as not being Canadian, I am not covered by your socialist healthcare.

That being said, I had wonderful neighbors who not only checked on me and told me to knock on their door if I needed anything no matter the time. We ended up gathering on the lawn outside our rooms each of the three nights we were both there. The Adirondack chairs that are provided look nice, but are uncomfortable, as those type of chairs are. They only had 8 chairs on the lakeside deck, which was not enough at almost any time, due to the number of guests wanting to sit on a chair versus the deck. The lake itself with the surrounding mountains was, of course, beautiful. There is wildlife around, so be careful! I saw many people get out of cars to take photos. Dumb.
I would stay here again, due to the location, but not the desk staff. Only one girl in the evening was nice, and that was a housekeeper.

PS, if you are traveling with any items that need to be stored outside, don't leave them outside. Another family I met while in hot tub had their rafts stolen from outside their room by locals.
Due to the location, do not expect nay Wi-Fi access.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank LittleFeet1018
Zeeland, Michigan
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Our cabin was very cute, clean, and spacious. We had the type 2 cabin with a double in the main room and a queen in a separate bedroom. The staff was friendly and helpful, and we especially enjoyed the lake. The location is nice just a bit away from town and in a very quiet setting.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family