“Wonderful memories were made!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jasper
Patricia Lake Bungalows Resort
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Jasper
Fort McMurray
“Wonderful memories were made!”
Reviewed 17 February 2009

My girlfriend and I arrived in a gigantic Lincoln Town Car as that was all that was available as a rental, so it was a bit tricky getting around the roads & parking! The staff/owners were polite, accomadating and very pleasant.

The small cottage we stayed in was quaint, clean and we loved it. The gas fireplace was a beautiful feature and we felt so cozy and at home. The bed was comfortable, and everything was very clean.

The notebook/journal that all visitors filled was a great help to find what to do and it had some amazing memories in it from the travels and lives of others.

Highly recommended, and we made some amazing memories in Jasper. Try the Bear Paw bakery for the chocolate raspberry scones, and amazing sandwiches as well a super coffee.

• Liked — The cozy cottage
  • Disliked — Nothing! It was really great!
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Headponder

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
West Midlands
Reviewed 6 February 2009

Upon arrival we were upgraded to the chalet because the place was not too busy. We would recommend staying the in the chalet rather than one of the bungalows, it has a great view of the lake from the balcony and is slightly set back away from the main complex, although a little more expensive. We rented a canoe to paddle over the lake and took some stunning photographs on some early morning walks (we were still waking up early from the time difference). A visitor book in the chalet was able to recommend the best sights around Jasper which we found helpful. We will definitely come back when we can afford to come back to Canada!

• Liked — Relaxation and scenery
  • Disliked — Driving to restuarants
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cothwood83
New Albany, Ohio
Reviewed 18 January 2009

My wife, 11 year old son and I enjoyed a four night stay at the Patricia Lake Bungalows this past July. I would recommend the property to other travellers.

We stayed in a one bedroom ground floor Grove unit. The pictures of the units on the website accurately show the furnishings and layout. Perhaps the only comment I would add would be that the bedroom was fairly tight – enough room to walk along the bed on each side and get in, but that’s about it. We were in a triplex unit, but did not have any material issues with noise between units.

The furnishings were new, and in good repair. We did not make use of the on-site “cook your own food” options, although we observed many others doing so.

I had some concerns over whether I the lack of air conditioning would be an issue for me, since I am sensitive to heat. The concern never proved to be an issue, however, since even though the days got in to the low 80’s, the evenings fell into the high 50’s or low 60’s.

I was impressed with how quiet the overall property was.

We made use of the hotel’s canoes, and enjoyed paddling about the lake. And my son had a ball skipping rocks on the lake.

I would agree with the comments from other reviewers that none of the Grove units are truly “lakefront.” Mosquitoes were not a problem for us, other than in the prime time of early evening.

Note that the bungalows offer a wide range of lodging options. I would not have been comfortable, being normally a luxury property habitué, with any of the lodging options I saw on the property other than the Grove units. There's nothing wrong with them, per se, it's just what I am used to and expect for vacation lodging. That said, I think the pricing of the various options speaks for itself, and anyone used to more upmarket options should choose accordingly.

I picked the Patricia Lake Bungalows because the reviews of the Fairmont Jasper Lodge were so mixed – causing me to question both the service at the lodge as well as the price/value proposition. The Patricia Lake Bungalows were a much cheaper option, and we were very comfortable. As long as one does not have heavy demands for service, and is willing to either cook one’s own food or travel to town to eat, the Grove portion of the bungalows would appear to be a decent option in lieu of the much more expensive Fairmont property.

• Liked — The value
  • Disliked — No restaurant on premises
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
6 Thank OrrvilleRedRider
Toronto
Reviewed 18 November 2008

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Patricia Lakes Cabins for three nights from July 6th through the 8th 2008. We found the staff very welcoming, helpful and polite. The cabin was very clean and quiet. The property was well landscaped and maintained as was the dock area. One of the great things is its location. Close enough to town that it’s not a chore to run in and grab something yet far enough away that you still feel secluded. The views were breathtaking. Get up early to watch the mist on the lake. All in all a very peaceful and relaxing trip. I would definitely recommend this place and plan on going back.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bugsy2517
Bristol UK
Reviewed 11 November 2008

We stayed here for three nights in September. The accommodation was clean and tidy and although all the bungalows were occupied it was still very quiet.
We were glad that we had booked accommodation away from the centre of Jasper as the centre did appear to be a little noisy.
The complex was certainly in a lovely location perfect for a relaxing few days.

• Liked — Peaceful location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed 11 November 2008

My wife and I stayed in one of the cottages in mid-September. It was fairly small, but very nice. A microwave and/or individual BBQ would definitely have come in handy though.
I feel the prices could have been better, but I'm pretty cheap, and would probably say the same anywhere.
The first day was perfect. Beautiful weather and fantastic views of the lake and what we called 'our Mountain'. It seemed to be placed there just for us. The second day was overcast and rainy. We didn't mind because overnight it snowed on the Mountain peaks. The final day was crystal clear and chilly. The lake and Mountain looked gorgeous. At the end we wished we'd stayed longer.
You can find fancy hotels and resorts anywhere. What you are paying for here is a little slice of heaven.

• Liked — The View
  • Disliked — The Cost
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 3 November 2008

My husband and I often travel to the Canadian Rockies in the peak summer season, and are always on the lookout for good accommodations that don't charge an arm and a leg. We were there again this past summer, and decided to finish off our trip in Jasper, after spending five days in the backcountry. Patricia Lake Bungalows did not disappoint, and we could instantly understand why the place was highly rated on Tripadvisor. To treat ourselves after days of camping (without bathing!), we booked a suite in the new "Grove" compound, and were given Douglas Suite #3, which was upstairs. It was spotless, and had a great kitchen, comfortable bed, and a fantastic shower! The grounds were peaceful, and parking was free. We did not get a chance to enjoy Patricia Lake, but would definitely return to do more exploring of the property. We paid $285 for the suite, which, though not cheap, surely beat staying at Fairmont and other high-end hotels. Friendly staff, and yummy treats were included (maple cookies and maple popcorn - from Quebec's Eastern Townships, but who really cares if it's not local as long as it tastes good!).

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple