“Secluded/Beautiful Lakeside, Clean & Well Furnished, Attentive Staff”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jasper
Patricia Lake Bungalows Resort
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Jasper
Reviewed 10 June 2009

Very well maintained to add, Private/Decked Hot-Tub, Beautiful Lakeside Views (picturesque & unblemished lake & mountainside view) , Boats/canoes available, pubic access roads for jogging/walking with parallel and intersecting hiking and horse trails, an adjacent second lake with road ending at a bridge to island for family picnic.

Appealing, Privacy Oriented Hot-Tub, and Well-Kept Grounds.

This is great value, very close to Jasper, but isolated from the noise therefrom.

Reviewed 30 May 2009

Good in all respects. Helpful staff, very clean. 5 minutes from Jasper town centre. Medicine Lake and Maligne Lake are well worth visiting.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2009

You absolutely get what you pay for...peace, serenity and luxury living in one package!

My husband & I stayed for 4 nights in the Pine #1 cabin with our teenaged daughter and we were immediately impressed with how well appointed it was. Everything you could possibly need in the kitchen...(Although we missed having a blender for margaritas.). It felt like a miniature showhome...even the bathroom has a towel warmer. We appreciated the "luxury living" after a long day of hiking. The best part was the location of our lakefront cabin and spectacular view of Patricia Lake and Pyramid Mountain. The photos in the website and of other visitors don't do it justice.

An onsite restaurant is unncessary because the Jasper townsite is a quick 5-minute drive away. We actually never felt the need to go out to eat in a restaurant when we can use our gas barbecue to cook a great meal out in our patio and view the mountain & lake scenery. Much better than being in a restaurant!! We can always go to a restaurant in the city.

I would highly recommend staying here. Well worth the money.

2  Thank gem127
Reviewed 19 May 2009

Our family (including two kids under 5) stayed here for the May long weekend. We really have no complaints. This place is well run, the staff is helpful, and the units are very clean. We stayed in one of the Grove Suites, which are 1 bedroom units, and very well finished. Everything was new and well maintained. The location is about a 5 minute drive from Jasper, and is nice and quiet. We enjoyed renting bicycles, and the common fire pit area.

I would recomend this location to anyone.

The only drawback that I can think of is that there is no restaurant on-site, so if you haven't brought food to cook, you have to drive to Jasper to eat.

1  Thank Boudreau_Family
Reviewed 17 February 2009

My girlfriend and I arrived in a gigantic Lincoln Town Car as that was all that was available as a rental, so it was a bit tricky getting around the roads & parking! The staff/owners were polite, accomadating and very pleasant.

The small cottage we stayed in was quaint, clean and we loved it. The gas fireplace was a beautiful feature and we felt so cozy and at home. The bed was comfortable, and everything was very clean.

The notebook/journal that all visitors filled was a great help to find what to do and it had some amazing memories in it from the travels and lives of others.

Highly recommended, and we made some amazing memories in Jasper. Try the Bear Paw bakery for the chocolate raspberry scones, and amazing sandwiches as well a super coffee.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Headponder
Reviewed 6 February 2009

Upon arrival we were upgraded to the chalet because the place was not too busy. We would recommend staying the in the chalet rather than one of the bungalows, it has a great view of the lake from the balcony and is slightly set back away from the main complex, although a little more expensive. We rented a canoe to paddle over the lake and took some stunning photographs on some early morning walks (we were still waking up early from the time difference). A visitor book in the chalet was able to recommend the best sights around Jasper which we found helpful. We will definitely come back when we can afford to come back to Canada!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank cothwood83
Reviewed 18 January 2009

My wife, 11 year old son and I enjoyed a four night stay at the Patricia Lake Bungalows this past July. I would recommend the property to other travellers.

We stayed in a one bedroom ground floor Grove unit. The pictures of the units on the website accurately show the furnishings and layout. Perhaps the only comment I would add would be that the bedroom was fairly tight – enough room to walk along the bed on each side and get in, but that’s about it. We were in a triplex unit, but did not have any material issues with noise between units.

The furnishings were new, and in good repair. We did not make use of the on-site “cook your own food” options, although we observed many others doing so.

I had some concerns over whether I the lack of air conditioning would be an issue for me, since I am sensitive to heat. The concern never proved to be an issue, however, since even though the days got in to the low 80’s, the evenings fell into the high 50’s or low 60’s.

I was impressed with how quiet the overall property was.

We made use of the hotel’s canoes, and enjoyed paddling about the lake. And my son had a ball skipping rocks on the lake.

I would agree with the comments from other reviewers that none of the Grove units are truly “lakefront.” Mosquitoes were not a problem for us, other than in the prime time of early evening.

Note that the bungalows offer a wide range of lodging options. I would not have been comfortable, being normally a luxury property habitué, with any of the lodging options I saw on the property other than the Grove units. There's nothing wrong with them, per se, it's just what I am used to and expect for vacation lodging. That said, I think the pricing of the various options speaks for itself, and anyone used to more upmarket options should choose accordingly.

I picked the Patricia Lake Bungalows because the reviews of the Fairmont Jasper Lodge were so mixed – causing me to question both the service at the lodge as well as the price/value proposition. The Patricia Lake Bungalows were a much cheaper option, and we were very comfortable. As long as one does not have heavy demands for service, and is willing to either cook one’s own food or travel to town to eat, the Grove portion of the bungalows would appear to be a decent option in lieu of the much more expensive Fairmont property.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family