“Comfortable, well appointed rooms with super friendly hosts”
Review of Tassoni Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jasper
Tassoni Inn
Ranked #25 of 57 Jasper B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Have stayed here on 3 separate occassions, all of which have been enjoyable and comfortable. The owners are really friendly and keen to tell you about the local attractions, and nothing is too much trouble. The entrance is private, which makes it a little more 'personal'. The rooms have everything that you need, a good choice of tv channels and wifi connection. Price is reasonable for such well-appointed rooms and the recently renovated patio area for guest use is a thoughtful addition and really inviting. Set in a prime location - no more than 2 mins walk into town and parking on the road outside is easy. Kathy likes you to remove outdoor shoes at the door, which ensures that the bedrooms maintain their cleanliness and condition.

Room Tip: If possible, choose the front facing room with integral bathroom. The bathroom for the back bedroom...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mibsta
There are newer reviews for Tassoni Inn

Reviewed 26 July 2012

We enjoyed our two night stay here, it was neat and clean and had everything we needed - kettle, microwave, fridge, TV, internet, crockery & cutlery. We had the room with the en-suite bathroom, the other room has the exterior bathroom right next to it. There is a patio that guests can enjoy, and free parking on the street. The inn is very close to the shops, about half a block away. Kathy is very friendly and helpful, she gave us tips on where to shop. All in all, an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Even though we were delayed arriving (due to an unforeseen mudslide on the journey to Jasper), the host Kathy was lovely about it and left our keys on the front door for us to let ourselves in when we arrived. Checking ourselves in was easy enough and when we couldn't locate the towels (our fault, not theirs) she was downstairs helping us with it within a few minutes. Service was good when we needed it, but was otherwise pretty hands-off - we just checked ourselves out and left the keys in the room and were waved goodbye by the hosts from their balcony.

The room was decent with two double/twin beds, a small TV and a bar fridge. We used the fridge in the room to store and cool some of our drinks, but found it to have some strange smell each time we opened up the door - it was empty and looked clean inside, so we're not sure what the cause was, but it was pretty strong smelling even by the time we left. The bedding was relatively clean, but a little old-looking, though it was comfortable enough.

The location is ideal - we left our car at the B&B and just walked around the downtown area and main street without having to drive and find parking - a definite plus!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Looking for a room with two beds for my brother and me and I found this place online. Very close to downtown, nice clean room, and a polite hostess all add up to a hassle free stay.

Internet works but can be a little slow but that's all I really have to complain about:)

Room Tip: One room has full en suite. The other has a private bathroom outside the room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We arrived and no hosts. Keys had been left outside for us with a note. On trying them,they didn't work at all. The owner arrived home insisted keys worked...oops,they didn't. He didnt really introduce himself. Got us new keys and left.I think guests are just a number to them.

Rooms have vertical drapes and don't allow much privacy and don't block out from light outside.This is a problem when it gets dark late and light early. We didn't have an ensuite,yet the two rooms there I think are advertised as ensuite. Only one is. Shower was only just kind of clean. :(
No nice toiletries at all. Just shampoo and generic soap dispenser screwed to shower recess. No heating in bathroom.Instructions on back of bedroom door not to shower after 10 in respect for other guests.It seemed ironic then, that the hosts partied till 12 one night ,with the hosts
wife (according to husband) making so much noise that we couldn't sleep at all. On bumping into to him ,he seemed embarrassed and apologised for her "noise".

I also didn't like the fact that we put a do not disturb sign on the door when we went out for breakfast. On return the wonders wife had made up our beds. As travellers sometimes we want privacy even if we are not in the room,or security of leaving things as they were when we go out. Know if you stay here that the do not disturb sign means little.

On the bright side the beds were comfortable,and its a short walk to the shops. Bear in mind its not that quiet. You can hear the trains at all hours and the occupants of the house. Thats without any parties!

Room Tip: pick the one that has the ensuite. It will be a little more noisy,but private.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank saltpan
tassgirl, Owner at Tassoni Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback in regards to our Inn.
We are so disappointed that your stay was not all this it could have been.

We would like to apologize for the problems with your stay. In regards to leaving the keys outside for you. We had to go downtown to check the mail and pick up some groceries. We were not sure of your exact arrival time and therefore left the keys for your convenience so that you would be able to get into your room right away upon your arrival. We apologize for the keys not working but my husband solved the problem immediately upon his arrival – we just had new keys made and they were difficult fitting.

We do not advertize our bathrooms as only ensuite – we have two private bathrooms. Our one room has an ensuite bathroom and the other room has the bathroom directly outside of this room. When we get a request for an ensuite bathroom we try our hardest to provide this if there is availability. You did not specify that you required it to be an ensuite – sorry to disappoint you in this regard. The toiletries included in this bathroom are shampoo and liquid hand soap and we have placed them in a dispenser to provide ease and convenience as well as hygiene for your guests. We also provide nice body lotion for our guests. I am truly sorry that you did not find the shower/tub clean. We are very diligent on our cleanliness.

In regards to the noise disturbance – We are very sorry that we disturbed you. We had guests arrive unexpectedly from out of town and we tried very hard to keep the noise to a minimum with asking them to leave as soon as we could. My husband did apologize to you the very next day and you seemed to not be bothered by it.

With regards to the “Do not disturb sign” - we saw that you had gone out and we really like to give our guests the best service possible so we always go into the room to make up your beds, give fresh coffee, take out the garbage and do a general clean up as well as thoroughly clean the bathrooms. This is the first time that we have received this comment and will take this to heart. We will not attend to any guest’s room from now on that have a “Do not disturb sign”. We actually thought it was a good action.

As the train station goes right through the middle of our town I believe that no matter where you stay you will still be able to hear the trains. I have not had a complaint about the trains before now. We will actually be starting to provide earplugs for our guests who may be light sleepers – thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We are truly sorry for your experience at our home. It is not typical of our guest’s experience. We have been in business since 1987. We certainly make all attempts to resolve concerns and we would have loved for you to bring these concerns to us rather than have to have read it in Trip Advisor. You did stay with us for the three nights and we did not hear from you while you were here. It is never our intent to have guests walk away unpleased with any part of their stay.

Reviewed 1 January 2012

One of the loveliest B&B's I've stayed in. Super cute, downstairs from the main part of the house, but easily accessed if needed. Great rates as we travelled during off-season. Very close walk to Jasper's main street.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank trabug
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I don't normally stay at B & Bs - preferring the 'freedom' that comes with a hotel stay. However, I loved my stay at Tassoni Inn in Jasper. Kathy & Bruno Tassoni are lovely, friendly locals who know their town inside out. I was travelling solo without transport so I needed to be central. From the reviews I have read of the motels in Jasper, I now know that I stumbled upon a gem. Even though you are staying in someone's house, I never felt I was intruding and I was free to come and go through a separate entrance. I loved Jasper and Kathy gave me an excellent tip about an awesome hike I could do. I stayed 5 days and would recommend this B & B to anyone looking for a comfortable and secure stay in an amazing town.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo