“Fantastic”

Jasper Riding Stables
Ranked #11 of 22 Tours in Jasper
More attraction details
Owner description: Jasper Riding Stables on Pyramid Lake Road! Horsebackriding in the Jasper National Park! Trail rides by the hour or the day, carriage rides, pack trips, special events, dine and ride. Come by our stables just a few minutes from beautiful downtown Jasper in the Canadian Rockies! Follow the signs for Patricia and Pyramid Lakes, apprx 4km, turn at the Parks horse sign, the arrow points into our parking lot.
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We were there in October 2012 with our exchange student from Quebec and we had a great time I rode a paint named Cisco he's a great horse when I got on I was really scared but after 5 minutes I wanted to ride longer. The horses and the guide are great .and so is Mary the owner I will be back

Visited October 2012

Edmonton, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great experience for Children”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We took a one hour ride ($42/person). It was my 11 year old and seven year old and myself. Both had never ridden a horse. Our guide Al was great. He was patient with my seven year old daughter who was a bit scared when her horse Lucky decided to stop and take a different path. It was all good. Al took the reins and brought the horse back on track. The trail through the woods and over the Athabasca River valley was tremendously relaxing. The one hour ride was just the right amount of time to introduce children to riding. I encouraged my 11 year old to steer her horse to take different variations in the path and her horse Cherokee was great.

The only turn-off was the photos taken of each rider as we left on the trip. We were not given any opportunity to opt out of this (although purchasing the already over saturated prints at the end was optional). Each photo cost $15 which was clearly a distasteful revenue grab. The cost clearly exceeded most amusement parks (Galaxyland and Calaway Park). We declined the prints, but who knows where the prints of myself and my dear children went? Hopefully they were destroyed appropriately.

1 Thank ihyi y
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Views”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Lovely afternoon trekking on gentle horses around pyramid lake just outside Jasper. We had originally booked for the 3 hour excursion, but short of time, we changed it to the two hour one, and in retrospect was glad, as most of us felt slightly saddle sore, and two of us had aching knees after an hour and a half!. As a family of five, we had two staff with us, who were great, and made us feel secure and safe. The trek sent around the lake and part way up a mountain side the through bush and wood . We saw a caribou herd, which spooked the horses but delighted us! All in all, a great afternoon

1 Thank 16Wendy136
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Outstanding adventure!”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Our guide, Beth, was wonderful. She was great with my kids, very knowledgable about horses and the areas we were going. We're doing it again today!

1 Thank Hreese76
Guelph, Canada
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Getting back to nature”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We booked the 2 hour ride a few days in advance and found everything to be very well organized and professional. The horses appeared to be well taken care of and well trained. They had saddle bags available for our water and coats (they don't want you using backpacks). Our guide did not do a lot of talking (probably to let us enjoy our peaceful ride), but when we asked questions she was very helpful. Because we were travelling with teenagers who aren't too keen on hiking, this was the perfect way for us to explore nature. We're not experienced horse riders, so by the end of 2 hours we were definitely feeling it - but it was still the perfect length for us. Some of the trails were not for the faint-at-heart as we were travelling along the edge of a huge drop, but that was also where we had the best view. All in all, a phenomenal experience, not to be missed.