“Best Games in my life”

Jasper Park Golf Course
Ranked #16 of 34 Outdoor Activities in Jasper
More attraction details
Owner description: This Stanley Thompson-designed golf course offers 18 challenging holes stretched over 6,598 yards at par 71.
Winnipeg, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Best Games in my life”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I was in Jasper for a conference and had the opportunity to place this course 2 days in a row.

The first game was for the conference golf tournament which took place the day after opening day for 2014. It was pretty chilly since Spring seems to be late in arriving this year. In fact, the day before it had snowed a bit.

The pro shop was busy selling toques, mittens and hoodies as everyone tried to add to their clothing layers to stay warm. The staff were so great, they provided hand warmer packs for everyone and we all went out and had a great time.

The next day I came back to golf again. It was a few degrees warmer and the wind was a bit lighter and even though it was still not a warm day, it was very comfortable to be out there.

In my opinion this course is simply the best course I've ever played and this was with the greens in early season condition and very slow. Kudos to the spirit of Stanley Thompson, he really nailed this course. It will provide a real challenge to a low handicapper from the back tees and yet it's open and forgiving enough that a high handicapper playing from shorter tee boxes will still have a great time as well.

And the scenery surrounding this course takes your breath away. There were deer and elk on the course both days which was really cool to see. There were bear warnings around but a bit early in the season for them to graze on the fairways.

I have to say that all of the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful from arrival in the pro shop to renting clubs, buying whatever we needed, to getting our carts and all the people on the course at the snack shack, on the beverage cart and the course marshalls. I need to single out Glenn who worked in the pro shop. He was super friendly and eager to please and made every interaction a pleasant experience. It was like speaking to a friend.

Green fees and rentals are not cheap, but the rentals were high end Taylor Made and brand new. There is a 9 hole rate that begins at a certain time in the afternoon.

I've had the opportunity to golf in some really great locations on some really great courses over the last 20 years. Phoenix, Palm Springs, Brainerd, Whistler. Jasper golf course is now my favorite. I can hardly wait to go back and play again some day. Maybe my buddy Glenn will still be there then.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank timwit61

• Hebrew first
Edmonton, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 160 helpful votes
“Awesome Course!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Played course the morning before we headed back to Edmomton. It was junior golf week so my 9 year old was allowed on the course at no charge. Excellent mountain course in excellent shape. Will definitely enjoying playing this again next summer.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Stinger55
Priddis, Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A Real Eagle!!”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This was a "bucket list" wish that came true and we weren't disappointed. The golf course staff are outstanding and the golf course is beautiful and was in great shape for so late in the season. From the moment we got out of the car, we were helped and directed by the staff. We played 2 rounds and were remembered by name the following day!! The views are lovely and we even had an elk join us on one hole!! It was a great experience.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Lynn R
Edmonton, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Nice Track but”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Its a nice course. They came with a shuttle and picked us up at tour room. Took a little long paying as we had PCM coupons for half price and they couldn't seem to figure it out. This put us about 5 minutes behind and we were playing catch up the rest of the way.

Being late in the year the course was starting to show signs of stress but it is a beautiful course. Had I paid full price I don't think it would have been worth it though. There are so many great golf courses around for less money.

But they were packed last Saturday so what do I know? :)

Visited October 2013
1 Thank NebulaTig
Portland, Oregon
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A Beautiful Setting, A Great Golf Course”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had heard that this golf course was rated #1 in Canada and when we saw it, we understood why. We weren't going to play it because of the expense, but when we asked, they had a special going called "Nine and Dine" which was twilight golf after 4:00 (9 holes) and dinner in the lodge for $99/person. It was an exceptional value given how great the course was and how good the dinner was. Would definitely recommend!

Visited August 2013