“Wow not in AZ”

Jasper Park Golf Course
Ranked #16 of 33 Outdoor Activities in Jasper
More attraction details
Owner description: This Stanley Thompson-designed golf course offers 18 challenging holes stretched over 6,598 yards at par 71.
Scottsdale, Arizona
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Wow not in AZ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We had the pleasure of playing here two days. The weather was perfect and we played with nicest Canadians. Two guys gave us great tips on side trips and places to see in Jasper.
The course was in great shape with breathtaking views on every hole.
The pace was good, we didn't have to wait on tee boxes.
The employees were great too. Wish I could play again.

3 Thank msacks71

• Hebrew first
Alberta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Picture Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Every hole had scenic views better than the last with stunning mountain views. Great day of golf. Not rushed. Friendly Golf assistants / Marshalls on course but not intrusive.Very enjoyable golf day.

2 Thank BusTraveller
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great Course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

This course is truly fun! The design has stood the test of time - the fairway bunkers are placed for a reason and the green complexes are amazing. Enjoy your round and don't forget to take the time to enjoy the scenery. Watch out for bears!

1 Thank CanadaRover
Winnipeg, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Best Games in my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I was in Jasper for a conference and had the opportunity to place this course 2 days in a row.

The first game was for the conference golf tournament which took place the day after opening day for 2014. It was pretty chilly since Spring seems to be late in arriving this year. In fact, the day before it had snowed a bit.

The pro shop was busy selling toques, mittens and hoodies as everyone tried to add to their clothing layers to stay warm. The staff were so great, they provided hand warmer packs for everyone and we all went out and had a great time.

The next day I came back to golf again. It was a few degrees warmer and the wind was a bit lighter and even though it was still not a warm day, it was very comfortable to be out there.

In my opinion this course is simply the best course I've ever played and this was with the greens in early season condition and very slow. Kudos to the spirit of Stanley Thompson, he really nailed this course. It will provide a real challenge to a low handicapper from the back tees and yet it's open and forgiving enough that a high handicapper playing from shorter tee boxes will still have a great time as well.

And the scenery surrounding this course takes your breath away. There were deer and elk on the course both days which was really cool to see. There were bear warnings around but a bit early in the season for them to graze on the fairways.

I have to say that all of the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful from arrival in the pro shop to renting clubs, buying whatever we needed, to getting our carts and all the people on the course at the snack shack, on the beverage cart and the course marshalls. I need to single out Glenn who worked in the pro shop. He was super friendly and eager to please and made every interaction a pleasant experience. It was like speaking to a friend.

Green fees and rentals are not cheap, but the rentals were high end Taylor Made and brand new. There is a 9 hole rate that begins at a certain time in the afternoon.

I've had the opportunity to golf in some really great locations on some really great courses over the last 20 years. Phoenix, Palm Springs, Brainerd, Whistler. Jasper golf course is now my favorite. I can hardly wait to go back and play again some day. Maybe my buddy Glenn will still be there then.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank timwit61
Edmonton, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 152 helpful votes
“Awesome Course!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Played course the morning before we headed back to Edmomton. It was junior golf week so my 9 year old was allowed on the course at no charge. Excellent mountain course in excellent shape. Will definitely enjoying playing this again next summer.

Visited July 2013