“Alright but too busy”

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Jasper
Edmonton, Canada
“Alright but too busy”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I stayed here for work on a weekend this past November. The room was just basic but clean. Has a small pub downstairs which was ok for a quick drink. I think they have live music regulary. The rooftop hot tun was really nice except that there must have been a highschool hockey team in town cause there was lots of of teenage boys in there both night splashing around. Would stay again for work but look around if on a actual vacation.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed 23 December 2013

When we arrived we learned that this 64 room property has only 10 parking stalls for their guests, the front desk "supervisor" advised that there was plenty of street parking around the hotel. After driving around for 15 minutes I found a space 2 blocks away from the property. The room we were in was directly above the hotel bar, the thumping music could be clearly heard in our room. The bed was not high quality, I still don't know what did it but I ended up with a moderate sized cut on my arm after moving it across the bed and the stains on the pillow did not full me with confidence. The roll of toilet paper was neatly folded as one would expect from any fine hotel, however there were only 8 squares left...

Room Tip: Stay away from the west end of the 2nd floor, you can hear the bar clearly.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Res-Q911

Travellers are raving about these Jasper hotels

Canada
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights, the service staff were average. Great location, super easy to walk around the townsite. Parking is a bit squishy. They have some wicked rooftop outdoor hot tubs that you are allowed to drink in (no glass containers). Did not hear any excessive noise, except the damn fire alarm went off about 4 times in the late afternoon and early evening. Never figured out what was causing it. Older decor, but very clean and cosy. Beds are firm. Don't think I would pay full price, but we got it for $92 a night on Hotwire, so it was a good deal for us. The pub downstairs is awesome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ilikebighuts
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Me and my Hubby, Daniel Jones, stayed here this past weekend. Our room was very nice, the bed was a little hard but that was fine; turns out our room was right above the bar and more specifically, above the smoking area; needless to say by 1 am we had enough of the screaming and smell so we called and had a room switch, they moved us into a room with two twin beds that, as my husband explained it, felt like rejected prison beds. It was late so we slept in them anyways, next day we went snowboarding and my husband ended up falling and breaking his collarbone. I didnt want him sleeping in such a terrible bed again with his injury so i went to the front desk to get a room change, preferably the one we had originally paid for that we definitely were not getting. She moved us to another room, this one atleast had a queen sized bed and was not AS bad as the twin but still rediculously hard. We planned on staying in and letting him rest but the room had NO WORKING CHANNELS. This Inn is the worst place i have ever spent money on and we will never return and I will be warning everyone i know about how terrible this place is.

Room Tip: Rooms farthest from the bar or you will get no sleep
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Monique R
Winnipeg
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We booked at the Whistlers Inn for one night because of its convenient location, across the street from VIA Rail where we needed to board the following day. It was also down the street from the car rental office, so very convenient to return the car and walk back. It's a very unique-looking hotel, with odd angles in the hallways and rooms. Our room was sort of V-shaped. The furnishings in the room were comfortable, if a bit old. There were two tube TVs! Nice big bathroom, and an AC/fan unit that worked well. The wall-mounted hair dryer worked well, too. I especially liked the complimentary toiletries they offered; the lotion had a very pleasant grapefruit scent.

Out in the hallway, there was an ice machine that made noise when you pressed the button, but no ice came out, no matter how many times I pressed it. Woe to the unfortunate guest in the room next to the ice machine, as it was VERY loud (our room was nice and quiet).

Other reviewers have complained about the smokers outside the entrance to the small parking lot, and I have to agree. Management should make sure no one smokes in the doorway.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the ice machine!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

We booked at the Whistlers inn simply for location. It is so nice being able to walk everywhere and not have to worry about your vehicle. The rooms are dated, but comfortable, and the roof top hot tub is a great feature ( as long as everyone there is not smoking and getting piled up. There was a whole crew there in both tubs last night beer coolers and all for most of the evening) As we are here in the off season, value is ok. The rooms need work, but so does most of the lodging in Jasper. Staff were good, room reasonably quiet and comfortable, it was very clean. A couple of things do need work. The smokers gauntlet that violates provincial smoking laws at the back door is not much fun to have to walk thru. The fan in our bathroom is broken and makes an awful noise if you don't follow a particular sequence to shut it off. On the weird side, I woke up this morning and found a condom still in the package on my night stand. I did not put it there, and it was not there that morning. Not sure if the maids were trying to imply something, but very creepy...... Other than for booking a suite it does need updating. It had a fire place, but a cheesy electric one. A dated tube tv, carpet that is coming apart at the seems, and walls that reed some restoration. For what you pay in the off season, what you get for the price is ok. It just time to dress the place up a bit, as it has fabulous potential to be even better with its location.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Nesbittj
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Honestly Whistlers Inn is the worst place I've stayed at for a long time. Very expensive (relative to the standard of accommodation), noisy (& I paid a "premium" for a quiet room overlooking the street!!!) there was a very loud vibration & noise coming from within the hotel (as opposed to the paper thin walls where I could hear every move the couple next door made), tired decor, uncomfortable bed.
I was offered a quieter room on the floor above, however the vibration & loud noise (caused by something from within the hotel) was much louder. The staff claimed no-one had ever complained before however I have no idea how anyone could sleep through the noise. The only thing that saved me was ear plugs.
The only good thing about this hotel is the location, however I strongly recommend people give this place a wide berth & look at other alternatives in Jasper such as the many B&B options.
Save your money & stay elsewhere!

Room Tip: the rooms overlooking the street are allegedly quieter than those overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo