US$289
US$239
Travelocity
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$118
Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge(Jasper)
US$590
getaroom.com
  • Pool
Ramada by Wyndham Hinton(Hinton)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$207
Otel.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewspines restauranthot tubgas fireplacewhistler suitethe upper levelminute drivejasper townsitehiking trailsthe sofa bedsurrounding mountainsbeautiful settingpeace and quieton site restaurantlounge areaclose to townmain buildingcanadian rockies
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Out from Edmonton for the weekend and spent a Saturday night and Sunday morning there. We have been to Jasper several times and enjoy the hiking and tooling around town, usually staying in a bed-and breakfast in town. Based on a bad experience in Canmore near the railroad tracks, I knew Pyramid Lake was just out of town, and away from the highway and rail line. The staff were helpful and friendly, the rooms all one would want or need (reasonable bathroom, fireplace, two beds and a TV), the resort had an outdoor hot tub (which we enjoyed) and bikes and boats to rent (which we did not try). We ate at a recommend from a Park Ranger in town and did not try the site restaurant (though our fellow hot-tub patrons thoroughly enjoyed it)
Jasper is truly a wonderful spot, and when you can enjoy it without any(!) road noise or train noise (as most of the town of Jasper is subject to) sooo much better! The highlights of the trip was hearing the elk bugle (the rut in full swing) coming back to the resort after dinner, and having my son call his photo collection of the Pyramid Lake area 'wow!'

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BernSand
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Pyramid Lake Resort is an awesome place. It's a short, 10-15 minute drive just outside of the town of Jasper and sits right on the water. It's very Swiss chalet in style and has multiple log cabin style rows of accommodations. Our room was clean, very nicely furnished with a working fireplace. Most rooms have a view of the pristine lake. The hotel featured a restaurant with fantastic views of the lake and slightly above average but pricey food. There is a hot tub that's in great condition and the hotel rents out bikes, canoes/kayaks, and even 4-6 person electric boats to use on the lake - all at reasonable prices. There are some great cafes in the town of Jasper, and combined with the pristine location of this property, it's a great spot to stay and we couldn't think of a better way to spend our stay in Jasper.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a good lake view!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We spent a couple of nights here and wished we could have stayed longer. The room was a bit pricey but then so is Jasper. The location was not what I had initially wanted — in town was my preference — but after seeing the view from our front door I quickly changed my mind. And the restaurant was excellent. The beef striploin was amazing, while most of our servers were friendly and helpful. I'm not sensitive to foul language but others are, so housekeeping staff would do well to mind how they talk when passing outside the rooms. Service at reception was good except for checkout when no one was present except for someone who appeared to be the manager in an adjoining office. I can't understand how managers can ignore customers who have to wait more than a minute or two. A cheerful receptionist showed up before long though and we were on our way.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
RPMJasper, Manager at Pyramid Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thank you for your candid observations of the hotel on your recent visit. I am delighted you enjoyed the restaurant and the views. I also appreciate your comments regarding language used by our housekeeping staff and have had the opportunity to review your comments with them.

Please accept my apolgies regarding your checkout experience. I leave my door open to be able to monitor the front office so that I can assist with checkouts and telephone calls. Since I use a headset while I am on the telephone, I may have been on a call with a guest assisting with a future reservation or answering questions about the resort. If this was not the case, I do apologize for the delay in assisting at the desk.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

At the rate we paid, I was expecting better accommodation but then I was told all accommodation in Jasper was expensive. I just found this place to be the worst value of all for our two weeks Rockies vacation. We found the showers to be luke warm the first night we arrived. The repairman said there was no problem after he checked the settings. I was ticked to let them know the fact there was no hot water was a problem, then they upped the temperature what seemed to have corrected the issue. The gesture of free breakfast eased the frustration somewhat. We the Pine restaurant. NIce food and friendly staff. We also took a boat out on Pyramid Lake. That was worth it. Overall, it was a peaceful get-away place. Not sure we will be returning though.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is a average hotel, the rooms were very clean, newer bedding, fairly good restaurant on site, how ever it is not user friendly, if you are elderly or disabled. Lots of stairs, little things like the fireplace did not lite, and the doors keys had the be rekeyed several times, the building rails needed to be painted.For the money that you pay it becomes questionable of whether its worthy of what you spend

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends