“Better than we expected.”

Pyramid Lake Resort
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Jasper
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
“Better than we expected.”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I think there may be new owners. I was a little concerned after reading other reviews. But we were very pleased the location and outdoor scenery is amazing. The rooms are clean and comfortable. They are nothing amazing, but very nice. The restaurant and overall service was amazing. We will stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pearl M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We were there this weekend to celebrate our anniversary. We were welcomes by a surprise - wine and chocolates. We were so amazed and people were really very nice. The view was awesome. I wish I had stayed there for some more time. They were having some bugs in the wash room, but I suspect with the location, they are quite expected. Apart from this we were pretty happy there. It was a wonderful stay!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shruti0104
Canada
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed here for the Dark skies festival weekend this past Friday and Saturday night. We were able to get a really good rate. The hotel is a little jaunt outside of Jasper, so could be a little inconvenient if you don't hike or have wheels. The room was #29 it was more than comfortable..king sized bed, gas fireplace, balcony. The grounds were beautiful right on the lake with a nice dock with benches, and you can also rent canoes and kayaks etc. we did not partake of those considering the time of year. Check in was smooth, and the clerks were very pleasant. We had coupons for breakfast and what impressed me about that was that you could order off the menu; not your usual powdered eggs and cold bacon buffet...
We decided to eat at the restaurant there; the pines for dinner...which you had to make reservations for. Yes, it is expensive, but the service from our waiter Mathew was bar none, he gave suggestions, answered questions, and gave great service! My husband had the elk steak the first night, and he was dissapointed; it turned out tough and he did not really enjoy the sides...I had the tenderloin and was not dissapointed at all...everything on my plate was really nice, the asparagus was a little overdone...but other than that it was a great portion, and I shared...the next night hubby had the wild boar, and I had the tenderloin again...Mathew explained with apology of the fact that they only had one cook as they were doing another function, and yes it was a little slower....but he provided the wine in quick fashion so all was good...and actually the meal was better than the night before. I would recommend this resort, BUT request a room on the top floor as our neighbors woke us up each morning...walls are paper thin....

Room Tip: Make sure you get a top floor....we were woken up each morning by our neighbors
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MSDee42
East Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The main advantage of this hotel is that it's outside of the township itself, so it's fairly quiet. You get a nice view of the lake from most of the rooms, it's a picturesque property.

The room itself was nice, we had a fireplace (gas) with a TV and a couch. The buildings themselves are a little old so you can hear your upstairs neighbours pretty easily. The hot tub was good apart from the very bright and constantly changing coloured lights - if you're looking to relax then super bright flashing lights might not help you.

It's not cheap, but nothing in Jasper is! Overall it's a nice hotel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SashaN1980
courtenay
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this resort before and we loved it, so we decided to stay here again. The bathroom was very dirty, the corners had dirt built up, there was something on the walls by the toilet, there was stuff in the grout lines, and the tub and sink looked really grubby (so did the bath matt). Also, none of the lamps were set up properly with the light switched, so you would turn on the switch and nothing would turn on, so you fumble around in the dark to find the lamp. We were very disappointed with our stay, and we will not be returning. This place did hold a special place for us since this is where my husband proposed to me on our first stay

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kymberly c

Travellers are raving about these Jasper hotels

Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I only had one night here, wished it was longer. Beautiful location and view. The leaves on the aspen trees had turned an awesome yellow for the Fall. Nice and peaceful location yet still a short drive to town.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lost1965
Edmonton, AB
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed here for a weekend.
Pros:
1) Location is gorgeous and beautiful. The grounds of the resort were quiet. Nice!
2) Staff friendly and helpful.
3) Room was clean, cozy and updated.

Cons:
I've slept in budget hotels in New York and Europe that got better ratings.
1. I thought being an end suite would be a good thing. Not. Those who were stomping up and down the stairs to the upper level suites were VERY loud outside our window.
2. The pipes and the people walking above us were very loud. Even a fan in the room is not good enough - you need ear plugs. I would have to request an upper suite to stay here again and then I would feel bad for annoying the guests below.
3. The mattress was VERY firm. One step above sleeping on the floor. My back hurt each morning. Not good! The pull out sofa bed was more comfortable.

Overall, the resort doesn't present as a budget experience but it was because of the room. I would have to pay a lot less to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Mansy