“Very pleasant stay”

Tonquin Inn
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Jasper
“Very pleasant stay”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Rooms aren't very spacious but SUPER clean. Kudos to housekeeping :) They do perfect job. We've stayed in Tonquin on weekdays so it was not that busy. Quiet stay. This has been second stay at this hotel and we'll be back. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Elisabeth B, General Manager at Tonquin Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
It is great to hear that we are your property of choice when in Jasper. Your compliments about my housekeeping department will definitely be shared with them as they do a great job to ensure every guest stay is a memorable one. I look forward to your next visit to Jasper. Please contact me directly so that I can make your reservations for you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The Tonquin Inn has become our go-to stay when we travel in Jasper. It approx 1km from downtown and despite being across from the trains, it is nice and quiet.

We have stayed in this exact room before and noticed that a new cupboard was put in it, unfortunately in a bad place, which made the room feel smaller. While it's nice to have room for the coffee equipment and fridge, it was really bothersome to navigate between it and the closet to enter the main part of the room.

We had to call over to get the dog package, no problem, the bed, bags, treats and dishes were brought to our room promptly. Our dog enjoys staying here too, there's alwasy a good supply of pooper bags on the property and lots of grass to investigate.

We purchased a "Breakfast with your stay" option quite a few months before coming to Jasper, that means their buffet breakfast was in the price of the room. Although I forgot what I had paid for and it wasn't until check out when I had put 4 vouchers on our room that I realised the mistake. Brahim at the front desk was able to fix the issue and got us on our way quickly even though the hotel was very busy the whole weekend.

We will continue to stay at this hotel for years to come.

Room Tip: Stay near the pool area for less road noise. Stay near the road for gorgeous mountain views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
I am delighted to hear that the Tonquin Inn has become your go-to stay when in Jasper. We always enjoy not only welcoming our guest but their pets as well. It great to see that Brahim was able to quickly fix the issue about breakfast for you. I appreciate your continued patronage of the Tonquin Inn and I look forward to serving you again at your home away from home.
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I must admit I was apprehensive about staying here after all the negative reviews but we booked this hotel for one night on the May long weekend. We were given room 360, which had 4 single beds and as a result was a large room, clean, with comfortable beds, sink area separate from the shower/toilet, which looked as if it had been recently renovated. The staff, busy as they were, were very cordial but they adhere strictly to the 'no check in before 4 pm' policy. Knowing that in advance, we didn't arrive until 3:30, checked in and were given our keys at 4 pm. The room had windows which opened, a small balcony and small fridge. For the price, we couldn't have been happier. My only complaint would be that the room was very warm at night, even though the thermostat appeared to be OFF. We didn't use the pool or hot tub. We walked downtown, about 10-15 minutes.

Room Tip: We were in 360, had 4 single beds, so a fairly large room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
I am pleased to read that you were pleasantly surprises about our property. We try to accommodate early check-ins whenever possible based on rooms being clean and available. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Tonquin Inn.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Looking for a place to stay in jasper for a good price and clean? Book here. You can hear other guests through the walls but not too much. Turn on fan and you won't notice. Decent pool and hot tubs. Room was clean. Beds a little older but still comfortable.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay at the Tonquin Inn. I am glad to hear that your enjoyed your stay and thought it was a good value. I hope that we can be of service to you on your next visit to Jasper.
Saskatoon
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We just returned from a week long stay at this hotel in jasper. We stayed in room 223 which faced the parking lot. The room was clean spacious and quiet at night. The beds were extremely comfortable so we slept very well every night. The indoor pool was being repaired but there are two outdoor hot tubs which we soaked in every night - very clean and beautiful! We had to ask for towels a few times but they always brought them to us promptly. The room was reasonably priced, especially for the area. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot, it is nice and quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your one week stay at the Tonquin Inn. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all of the amenities we have to offer. I am especially glad to read that you would stay with us again. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Tonquin Inn on your next visit to Jasper.
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My boyfriend and I just spent the weekend with another friend couple of ours. The room was great, had a private bedroom and separate living room with a couch and another bed, really clean. Full kitchen with all appliances and I really enjoyed the soap, shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom, which I usually don't. The service was great, we called up some towels at one point and got them almost immediately. The beds were very comfortable, and again, clean. The location is great, JUST outside the strip so it shouldn't have been too busy, unfortunately we had a bus full of rowdy people pull in which was very annoying but the hotel staff were on top of making sure they were sent back to their rooms. All in all the bus of people had nothing to do with the quality of the hotel and I had a wonderful weekend, so thank you Tonquin Inn. (And sorry you had to put up with that)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and feedback. I am glad to read that you had a great weekend stay with us and that you received good service. Your comments about the cleanliness of your room and the amenities have been shared with my team. All of the staff and management hope you were able to take home fond memories of your stay with us. Please contact me directly for your next visit and I would be more than happy to make the arrangements for you.
merseyside
Reviewed 25 April 2014

not the best hotel for customer satisfaction, arrived early in april in the snow from a travel overnight of 12 hours on a bus, we went to hotel as we had cases and they would not without any even consideration check us in any earlier than the stated 4 pm. tired and annoyed we had to ask to leave our suitcases at the hotel for the day, the cases were not even placed anywhere secure. room ok, nothing great, warm with heating,comfortable bed and nice view, however on a safety issue plug sockets dangerous, loose and some switches in room did not work. also did not have a kettle in room, despite the fact they had supplied some tea. would not recommend this hotel, unless its a one night and you wish to be about 10 min walk to center of jasper.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hot17
I was disappointed to read your comments about your recent stay with us. We make every effort to accommodate early check-ins especially when guests have had a long journey, however, early check-ins are based upon clean rooms being available at that time. Not all of our rooms have kettles yet but are available upon request through the Front Desk. I have forwarded your comments to my Maintenance team so that they can address the maintenance issues. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. It is with valuable feedback such as yours that we are able to address the concerns of our guests.