“Left stranded in a car park as they didn't show up!!!!!”

Walks & Talks Jasper
Ranked #13 of 22 Tours in Jasper
More attraction details
Owner description: Paula Started Walks & Talks Jasper in 1995 when as a Guide for Jasper National Park her position was made redundant. Paula has spent most of her life in Jasper so she has a wealth of information to share with her clients about the flora, fauna, wildlife and history of Jasper while offering guided hikes and winter outing in Jasper." It's all about nature" like to keep my numbers small so the clients get a unique experience while on an outing with my company Walks & Talks Jasper;join a professional level guide.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Left stranded in a car park as they didn't show up!!!!!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We booked a guided walk of the sulphur skyline and were told to meet in the car park at 10.15am the next day.

We drove over 45mins to the meeting point and then waited.....and waited.... then 40mins later we asked the hot springs receptionist if we could use their phone to call (no cell signal up there) to see what was happening. I spoke with a rude man who informed me our guide was sick and wasn't coming! They hadn't bothered to try and contact us on our phones or our hotel where we were staying who made the booking for us!!! We didn't leave our hotel until 9.15am so no excuses to not call!!

We did the hike on our own which I highly recommend - beautiful views and v.easy to follow trail.

Later when we were back in Jasper I expected to see missed calls/voicemails from W&ts but nothing - no messages back at the hotel either!!!

I'm sure the guide is good (as other reviews have said) and I'm sorry she was poorly - i dont believe she is at fault. it was the handling of the situation by Walks and Talks was awful and we received very poor customer service.

1 Thank I_love_luxury78
Paula B, Owner at Walks & Talks Jasper, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
This was an unusual request by the clients as I always provide transportation to the Trail head.Paula had no contact number to call and only the name Smith no first name was provided. I tried calling Patricia Bungalows for over an hour to let the Smith's know that I was ill ... but there was no answer.On a positive note we have changed our reservation policy to always obtain contact details ie. cell phone number and always first and last names of the clients. We have also reminded the staff that we always either meet at out store, or pick up at local accommodation, paper work must signatures and waivers completed. This was very devastating to Paula who was unable to contact Smith.

Frisco, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great hike to Mount Edith Cavell!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Our family hiked with Paula to Mount Edith Cavell and had a wonderful time. She was so knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. Our hike was definitely one of our vacation highlights!

2 Thank Nita W
Jersey, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Highlight of our Jasper holiday!”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We recently finished our third and final guided walk with Paula. We had an absolutely fantastic experience using Walks & Talks Jasper.
We completed hikes over the Wilcox Pass, at Mount Edith Cavell and at the Maligne Valley. Paula has a wealth of experience in doing guided hikes, having run her business for a long time and having, before that, worked for Parks Canada. Not only are the hikes very enjoyable in and of themselves but Paula imparts with a lot of interesting knowledge that would have passed us by had we been hiking on our own. She could not have been more accommodating, also giving us tips as to where to eat in Jasper and what hikes to do on the days where we were not hiking with Paula.
We would highly recommend Walks & Talks Jasper to anyone looking for guided hikes in and around Jasper- if you want a personal and memorable experience, look no further!
Thanks Paula!
Best wishes,
Katie & Paul

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Afriad of bears -then walk with Paula”
Reviewed 11 May 2013

My fear of bears had me confined to busy towns until I met Paula in Jasper. We were desperate to experience a feel of the wild country and Paula provided us with two excellent walks, enabling us to experience different areas of Jasper. It was amazing to walk through the forest without fear. By trusting in Paula's expertise , I was able to relax and hear the birds, smell the forest and take in the experience.
Paula is a great guide, she has lived in Jasper most of her life and has a wealth of knowledge that she is able to impart in an interesting and engaging way. She does not talk for the sake of it, but rather constantly looks around her for evidence of wild life and helps you to experience a new world.
In addition to her usual trips Paula offers bespoke trips geared to your ability and interests.
So whether you fear the bears or not, go for a walk with Paula, you will not be disappointed, this is a must do in Jasper.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank JG_and_BB
Winnipeg, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A wonderful experience!”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Paula is helpful and accomodating, and highly knowledgeable about the area, wildlife and everything else. We had a wonderful time with her and highly reccomend her service to anyone seeking a guide in the Jasper area.
Chris Vogel, 204-772-8215