“So much fun”

Jasper Tour Company
Ranked #1 of 22 Tours in Jasper
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Jasper Tour Company offers fun, adventurous, sightseeing trips in Jasper National Park. Whether it's a visit up the Maligne Valley to see her crown jewel, Spirit Island, a winter's walk through the depths of the frozen Magline Canyon, or a search for some of the Rocky Mountains wild inhabitants such as bears, any adventure with the Jasper Tour Company can be described as "simply the best!".
Perth
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“So much fun”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our trip with Joe. He was really informative and fun. We also saw lots of animals. He knows what he's doing.

London, OH
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Joe went out of his way for us!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Took the wildlife tour and enjoyed every minute. Joe's enthusiasm is contagious. Very knowledgeable and fun! We saw Black and Grizzly bear, bald eagles, bighorn sheep, mountain goats, and a beautiful male elk! I can't rate this tour high enough. We had not seen a Grizzly on our trip and he worked extra hard to find one for us. Don't miss his tours!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Lara608
United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Amazing second and third time around”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

In my last review following a short working trip to Jasper where I had the pleasure of taking a tour of the frozen canyon, I had written "I really hope I can come back some year in early June and go with him on a wildlife tour to see some bears and their cubs - that would be a dream."

Well... I did return with my boyfriend Sam with the trip being based around going to Jasper and taking the wildlife tour Joe had so passionately spoken about last time.

The wildlife tour was exceptional, a laugh a minute yet so educational. We like the way Joe explains things, personifying animal behaviour to help us understand what we are seeing and his fantastic stories (Joe you should write some mountain memoirs!). During the tour Joe found lots of local wildlife and despite the bears not having a picnic that day he was determined to locate them, which he did at the end of the tour!

We also took the Maligne Valley and Canyon tour the following day which was amazing and also involved a spot of wildlife snapping

Overall the best guide and a fantastic person. Thanks Joe for making Jasper special for us.

Northwich, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“This guy is a legend!!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We did the wildlife tour with Joe on 21st May and can honestly say as a guide and tour it rates with one of the best we have ever done anywhere in the world and we are well travelled.

We were staying with him and his wife, Patti at their accommodation Elkview (I will do a seperate review) so started the tour at 4:45pm, picking up around 5 other people on the way. The 3-3:30 hour tour lasted over 5 hours and Joe went out of his way to get us to see as many animals as possible. We saw mountain goat, big horn sheep, an osprey feeding and male and female elk. The highlight of course was the bear we saw. All of us having seen black bears, Joe went on the 'grizzly' hunt with us and even driving over the boarder into BC where we found a young grizzly bear by the road and watched it feeding/heading the the nearby lake.

Not only does Joe go out of his way to find the wildlife, he taught us all so much about the animals and their habitat in an entertaining and comical way. The beaver story had us all giggling, but I will never forget it. Even children would be entertained.

If there is one thing you do in Jasper, make it this tour. Joe and Patti you are a credit to Jasper, they are lucky to have you!

I've put on some photos, apologies if they are a little unclear Tripadvisor has cropped some of them.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank RaRaRachelC
Edmonton, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“One checked off the Bucket List!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I have often heard about "Ice Walks" and how special they can be and WOW!! I was not disappointed, my girlfriend and I just came back from Jasper and had the pleasure of meeting and taking a tour with a gentleman and a small company called Jasper Tour Company and owner/guide Joe Urie. Unlike most bigger companies Joe is the owner and the guide so you get his undivided attention and not only that but he, unlike many companies keeps his groups to 9 or less, so you actually hear more and can ask a whole lot more questions. I would highly recommend Joe and his company and when we go back up to Jasper this summer we will definitely do another trip with him, he truly was a wealth of knowledge.

Visited March 2014