“Good choice”
Review of The Raven Bistro

The Raven Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Raven Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 90 Restaurants in Jasper
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Grab & Go cafe by day, Cozy, modern, Moroccan-Fusion Restaurant with local flair by night.
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We went here on recommendation of Connie at Hummingbird Crossing. Good Advice. I had Chef's selection - 6 samples - soup - delicious. 4 mains and a desert - yum. Small portion of each but filling. Atmosphere buzzing - great atmosphere.

2  Thank Christine D
There are newer reviews for The Raven Bistro

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Having lived in many large cities and traveled to many culinary-centric locals, The Raven Bistro does not rank on the top of my must-return restaurants. However, considering the location and other dining options (not to mention how difficult it must be to get good produce and meat) I think the high ranking is justified for The Raven Bistro.
Their small space gets packed very quickly, so I'd recommend putting your number in for a reservation as soon as the restaurant opens for the evening service. My hubs got the three meats plate and enjoyed it thoroughly. I had the "Kitchen Confidential," which is basically the chef's choice of the night. I had a delicious tabbouleh side, yummy Mongolian beef, and a scallop that was cooked to perfection (probably the best I've had in a while). We had the seafood chowder, which was flavorful and creamy. The pita and dip appetizer was nothing to write home about. Service was great and drink options were nice. Overall, a great meal in a lovely setting.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

As usual, as soon as I settle into my hotel I look on my internet to see where Trip Advisor tells me I should eat. The Raven Bistro came up number one out of 77 restaurants in Jasper Alberta. Really????. They only take reservations up to 6:30 so we made our 6:30 reservation. The venue is small and we were seated very close to the diners next to us...elbows almost touching. The menu was varied and I suppose within the price range for Jasper. My husband's halibut was $32 as was my steak. My steak came on a bed of frites.....in other words fries. Instead of being crispy hot fries they were so soggy I could not eat them. I guess the chef does not watch Master Chef or he would have known you cannot make fries ahead of time or you cannot cook them in oil that is not hot enough, a little bowl of salad accompanied this steak which by the way was cooked medium rare as requested and was very good. My husband's halibut came on a bed of mashed potatoes (tasted as from a box) with a few peas as a side . The halibut lacked any flavour but I am told that is normal. It was a very bland dish. Diners beside us loved their lamb.....I saw it was also served on a bed of potato mash with a side of peas. When I read the reviews I thought this would be an excellent place to dine.....not in my books. Crowded, food unimpressive, no originality in presentation and over priced. I would not recommend it. There are many other good places to eat in Jasper

6  Thank Valentinateeshka
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Food was out of this world. We have been in Jasper for three days, sat at the bar the first evening and then returned the next day to try more of this outstanding menu. My husband declared the lamb "the best ever."

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had a most delightful meal and evening on June 30 2014. The menu was so interesting that it was very difficult to decide what to have. Everything that was ordered was excellent. For aparty of 10 to all agree that this bistro ranks among the best they have visited is saying something. Our next visit to Jasper wii surely include a visit to the Raven.