“Great Service from booking to after”

Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Jasper
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Jasper
Edmonton, Alberta
“Great Service from booking to after”
Reviewed 7 January 2011

My husband and I booked the Gourmet New Years Package which included 2 nights accommodation, a 5 course dinner in Walters Dining Room + dancing in the bar after, 2 buffet breakfasts, and another dinner buffet. I was completed impressed when I originally booked the package, the receptionist was fantastic, telling us about the area, what to bring and expect from the hotel, and we even upgraded our room to a King bed, which is a must! Next I spoke with the Manager at Walter's Dining Room to reserve all our meals and he was also very informative.

When we arrived check-in was quick, we had a complimentary hot chocolate which was always available. The hotel was an indoor and outdoor hot tub, sauna, and pool. The pool is quite large, but the hot tubs could have been bigger. They were always packed with kids, but luckily our room looked over the pool so we could assess the number of people before heading down. The hotel provides robes to go down to the pool in which I really appreciated.

The New Years dinner was great. The food at all of our meals was suerb, but the 5-course dinner was something very special. Compliments to the chefs! Champs Pub is ok. Just like any other pub and it was alot of fun too. The lounge, which I forget the name, also served food, but we only went in there a couple of times for drinks.

Overall a nice hotel. I especially liked that the hotel had lots to offer. We did go skating on 2 lakes in Jasper and walk through the town. It was very quiet and relaxing.

Checkout was equally as fast with the receptionists being so nice. I was surprised to hear any complaints from other reviewers because the customer service at this hotel was beyond what I would expect. After we got home I realized I forgot my iphone charger in the hotel, which was tracked down within 30 minutes of me calling the hotel and they mailed it back to me via Expresspost so it only took 1 day to central Alberta and it didn't cost me anything. I am thoroughly impressed and would stay here again . Next time I will definitely be trying the spa!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 31 December 2010

We took advantage of the ski package. Hotel is great. The rooms are nicely decorated, breakfast buffet with the package was really nice, and most importantly the room was very quiet. If the Sawridge had kitchenette units, we'd stay here every time we go skiing.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
blissygirl
Reviewed 28 December 2010

We are from Australia and were on her 7th week of our trip thru USA and Canada. I booked Sawridge online and paid about $260 a night but did not realise how far from the town it was. That was Ok as we had a car but if you don't...it's too far. The place is a bit dingy and dark and the common areas are noisy as you can hear the kids in the indoor pool. I also did not realise they accepted pets as this is not common in Australia and we do not like staying in places that accept pets in the rooms. The rooms were clean, bathroom small and our room overlooked the road. We stayed two nights, both nights eating at the excellent restaurant. However, I was itchy in our room. We had 2 QS beds, so slept in one each. My husband had no problem but I was itchy and consequently came out in bites all around the lower part of my legs. I thought they might have been fleas but later in our trip others said they looked like bed bug bites. I made the lady at reception aware upon checkout but she pretty much told me I must have had them when I came. Not good enough. I definitely got them at Sawridge. whether they were fleas or bugs.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Jasper, responded to this review, 11 March 2011
Thank you for posting your review of our property. We welcome a large number of Australian folks here every year. Our property is located at the edge of town and benefits from the quiet and natural setting of this location. As it is a few blocks to downtown, we do offer a complimentary shuttle service for our guests. Our pool, restaurant and lobby are all located in our atrium. The atrium roof is comprised of skylights which provide natural lighting to the entire area. The pool does attract families to stay with us.
Our hotel has several designated pet friendly rooms. We do allow pets, but only in these select rooms which are all in one corridor on the first floor. Our housekeeping department is extremely diligent with cleaning and checking rooms. Every measure is taken to prevent or detect possible problems.
I am happy to hear of your excellent dining experience. We pride ourselves on the quality of our Food and Beverage.
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed 20 December 2010

Found this Hotel and booked on line as I have never been to Jasper before. Very easy to find and found the folks here extremely friendly and very helpful. The room was very comfortable clean and quiet. I would definately come back to this hotel again. I would recommend this hotel to travellers.

1 Thank Chic S
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 18 November 2010

My husband and I were looking for a relaxing weekend in the mountains and decided to stay at the Sawridge. I had reserved a queen-size room for a 2 night stay. When we checked in I was told that they only had rooms with two double beds and there was nothing else available. While I'm sure the hotel desk clerk could see our utter disappointment, she really couldn't have cared less. The hotel is pet-friendly but instead of separating the rooms where the pets are, we were put in a room that had a dog across the hall and right beside us. We were woken to barking dogs both morning, in addition to kids screaming at the pool, which opens at 7am. The room itself was fine, very typical of a 3 star hotel. The pool and jacuzzi are small and dark and were overrun with kids every time we attempted to get in. The weekend was slightly improved after we made a trip to the spa located in the hotel We had the most wonderful couples massage! The therapists there were fantastic and we'll be booking next time we're in Jasper, even though we'll never stay at the Sawridge again. I think the is hotel would be fine for families with kids, but if you're looking for a quite weekend with your spouse, I would not recommend it. There was also virtually zero parking available; we had to circle for about 20 minutes the Saturday night waiting for a car to leave.

Comox, Canada
Reviewed 16 November 2010

Our AMA guide suggested we try this Inn and we were so glad he did! It is on the edge of the town of Jasper so you'll have a walk a few blocks for shopping, but one of the perks is that you are more likely to have a quiet and uninterupted view of the mountains!

The rooms were clean, eco-friendly, and provided little extras (fridge, video-games, kettle, coffe-pot, etc) The beds were excellent, especially the comfy pillows! The housekeeping were always very friendly and did a great job...in fact everyone working at this Inn was very welcoming and helpful during our stay!

We were lucky to get a deal on the hotel which included breakfast...even if this deal is not being offered I would highly recommend going for the breakfast buffet. Every morning we had so much for breakfast we felt too full for lunch. The menu includes eggs, sausage, pancakes, breads, pastry, various fruits, cereal, juice, etc..)

Our favorite restaurant is also within the Inn (Hearthstone). It offers a variety of country cooking menu items at a fairly reasonable price (especially in expensive Jasper). The portions are huge, the staff excellent, and the decor is exactly what you're looking for in the Canadian Rockies. There is also a bar and another upscale restaurant avaliable on location .

The pool, hot tub, sauna, and workout room were all exactly what we were looking for. After a day of skiing, snowboarding, or hiking it is great to unwind in the hot tub! All this is centrally located within the Inn so it is very conveinent.

Some things that could have been better: The windows were so fogged up most of the time that it was hard to see the beautiful view we had (however, sitting outside on the balcony was wonderful, just a little chilly in the winter). The walls seemed sound-proof, but the doors were not (hearing everyone in the hall). The spa has a great reputation, however the costs were over-priced.

Overall I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of a romantic retreat or a family trip. We certainly enjoyed are stay and will choose the Sawridge Inn when we return to Jasper!

Lloydminster, Canada
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Check-In: Our room was available for check-in at 1:00 pm when we arrived and the reservation was accurate.
Room: Balcony room was clean and met our expectations.
Lounge: Enjoyed a glass of wine at the Lounge just off of the lobby. Cozy and clean, many patrons seemed to be enjoying the ambiance.
Hotel: Nice and rustic feeling, though could use some udating of the carpets. The open pool and hot tub leaves a chlorine odour throughout the hotel, although the room and bathrooms in the hotel had a nice smell
Walter's Dining Room: Had a lovely romantic meal, very nice ambiance and staff, although you can see/hear the swimmers in the pool. Food was not only delicious, but beautiful to look at. Also ordered desert for room-service later in the evening and it arrived very quickly.
Bill was prepared for us in the morning with no descrepencies.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Jasper, responded to this review, 16 November 2010
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We appreciate the comments. So glad you had a great stay and enjoyed our dining facilities. Hope to see you again next time you are in Jasper.

Best regards,