“Home away from home!”

Ranked #50 of 57 Jasper B&B and Inns
New Plymouth, New Zealand
“Home away from home!”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Wished I had enough time to stay longer than 1 night here, but am pleased I made the journey up to Jasper. Soto was very friendly & helpful. He made sure that I had everything that I needed, including information about Jasper itself. Soto & his wife also own a restaurant on the main street called Downstream & I used my %10 discount voucher for dinner with the voucher that Soto gave me. Yummy dinner! Comfy bed, quiet location away from the main street.

Room Tip: I had the biggest unit downstairs, cosy, warm shower. Quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights at the Miette guesthouse and thoroughly enjoyed it. Jasper is a lovely town, and the guesthouse is in a perfect location - a 5 minute walk down the same road and you're at all the shops and restaurants. Soto was great, he gave us some helpful tips on where to go and what to see. The room was a good size and the whole place was very clean. The garden is nice to sit in if the weather is good, and there was a fridge to store food in.

• Stayed July 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 20 July 2013

for This guest house is quiet and clean ingood locaion but with very spartan conditions.The kitchen is only for eatting and there is possibility to make some meals.We stay 3 nights this guest and nobody changed our towels or cleaned our room

Room Tip: If You stay in basement be ready to weak up when the owners use the restroom,it's like a little...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Friendly owners. Fine room with own bathroom. Very clean, room with TV and very comfortable bed! Landryand kitchen facilities and sweet little yard where we could catch the autum sun. Private parking. Although a lot of people came and left when we stayed, it was still very quiet - great if you need to get up early to see the nature round Jasper. If we come by Jasper again, we'll be sure to book Miette guest house again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I would have given this place a 4.5, if that was possible. Room was clean. Bed was very much to my liking (softish) and comfy. We did not hear any noise. I think the other room was occupied by a family? We met Ashley, who we only chatted with when we first arrived, but friendly, and I thought if I needed help, she would be available. The room was bigger than I expected. To comment on the value of the room is difficult, because that would depend on what I could afford to pay. But I can tell you I don't want to pay more than $140/night, unless it was a special occasion, then I could really only afford $200. But I was flabbergasted when I first looked around and found that a Best Western was charging $200, only in Jasper I guess. Very happy I found this place and look forward to going back again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank anitastocker3
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Greeted by a fantastic host who was very informative about Jasper. Very nice and spacious room. Very comfortable bed for a great nights sleep. Great kitchen setup.

Well worth considering, and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Ski_liese
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed 3 February 2012

If travelling to Jasper, by far the best value around. Full kitchen access and warm and informative host. Its location is central of town which makes it only minutes to access the downtown area. Probally one of the best sleeps I've had in a guess house. Super clean very comforable and overall just best value for your dollar.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family