Jasper Park Stables at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
Ranked #16 of 22 Tours in Jasper
More attraction details
Owner description: Under New Management summer 2014! Horseback riding stables on the grounds of the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge! (Independently owned and operated) Sightseeing trail rides with professional guides and horses!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great easy ride”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Went on the 90 minute ride with my daughter. My younger daughter got a little spooked so they kept her back and allowed her to feed the horses and have a ride within the stable which was really great. The trail was easy with beautiful scenery including along the water. Nick was a great guide with lots of local tips and history. Great activity and on site at the Fairmont

Charlottetown, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

During our ride there was a freak accident and a rider went down. I must say the guides handled the situation very well, both with compassion and professionalism and most important in a timely manner to give the greatest assistance to the fallen rider. I don't blame the Stables or the guides in any way for the accident - it was completely unforeseen and a reminder that horses are creatures with their own minds and need to be treated with respect and awareness. My only real complaint was that I trusted the Stables too much to put me on a horse suited to my ability and I should have done more due-diligence on my part. It's an intense ride in places if you are not experienced so make sure you let them know very clearly your level of experience and make sure they give you a horse suited to your ability.

Visited July 2014
Bury St Edmunds. Suffolk. England
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 225 helpful votes
“Best trip of the holiday so far”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had the most amazing 3 hours on the Cowboy trail, just the two of us and AL our great guide.
This has to be a must do when in Jasper you can do one hour. We choose 3 as we wanted to experience all that we could.
Al was generous in his descriptions of all the trails we did, views to die for of Patricia and Pyramid Lakes. The horses were great, mine played up and had clearly got our of its stable the wrong side, Al phoned the ranch and a replacement was brought our, with no hassle.
I loved this trip, with little experience on a horse you can experience the fantastic scenery that Jasper had to offer from a different perspective.
All the staff were friendly and helpful, they just want to ensure their guests have a great time, and we did that alright.
Amazing, go on just book up and do it .

Visited July 2014