“Beautiful facility and beautiful horses!”

Jasper Park Stables at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
Ranked #16 of 23 Tours in Jasper
More attraction details
Owner description: Under New Management summer 2014! Horseback riding stables on the grounds of the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge! (Independently owned and operated) Sightseeing trail rides with professional guides and horses!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were staying at the Fairmont and so were happy to find that there was a stables on site. We went riding two days, once on the 1.5 hour ride along the river and once on the 2 hr ride by the golf course. One day it was just the two of us with a guide and another day they matched us up with another group of 4 so there were 6. Both days were spectacular, with safe well maintained trails and an interesting variety of terrain and scenery. Our guide was friendly and our horses seemed happy, healthy and friendly. I rode "Tommy", a beautiful and curious horse, and would recommend him for sure! We have ridden a few times before, so we knew what to expect, and this stables did not let us down!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I am not a big horse guy but this was a lot of fun. My daughter rides and she is 10 so this was high on her list of must does. There is five in my family and we all went. The guide was great. My horse was really fun to ride and we all really enjoyed the whole event. Probably not an event I would take smaller children to but for everyone else it would be great. We did not see any wild life but we are told it is very common on this trail.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We booked the 2 hr trail ride and it is a pretty good ride for beginners, just slow walking up and down some minor hills! We did see a bunch of elk off the trail but no bears! We went as a group of 4 which was a nice small group! You get a nice view if the golf course, city of jasper and walk along the athabasca river! Maybe the only complaint was that we didn't get to do a little gallop/run with the horses but that isn't everyone's thing!

2  Thank Dave V
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Went on the 90 minute ride with my daughter. My younger daughter got a little spooked so they kept her back and allowed her to feed the horses and have a ride within the stable which was really great. The trail was easy with beautiful scenery including along the water. Nick was a great guide with lots of local tips and history. Great activity and on site at the Fairmont

Reviewed 16 July 2014

During our ride there was a freak accident and a rider went down. I must say the guides handled the situation very well, both with compassion and professionalism and most important in a timely manner to give the greatest assistance to the fallen rider. I don't blame the Stables or the guides in any way for the accident - it was completely unforeseen and a reminder that horses are creatures with their own minds and need to be treated with respect and awareness. My only real complaint was that I trusted the Stables too much to put me on a horse suited to my ability and I should have done more due-diligence on my part. It's an intense ride in places if you are not experienced so make sure you let them know very clearly your level of experience and make sure they give you a horse suited to your ability.