“Spectacular hideaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jasper
Miette Hot Springs Resort
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Go to this sanctuary when I get tired of my TV,cellphone and computer. I get refreshed by enjoying the peaceful quiet of the mountains. This is in my opinion a jumping point for climbers who like to trek across peaks and valleys. The serenity is enhanced the re hot springs. There is no odour in these waters and jumping between the naturally heated hot pools and the cold pools are invigorating. This place is a great secret. It is isolated and clean the nearly 100 year old cabins have running water and some havea romantic fireplace inside. These are separate canons away from the apartments. I look forward to going here every year.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank alexsassoon

Reviewed 20 July 2013

We stayed here three nights in the Chalet part of the complex. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable but too small for our family of five. The bed wasn't the best (too hard) and created havoc with my back. The drawing card is the five minute walk to the hot springs. We noticed the mountain goats licking the main BBQ unit every morning - yuk! Next time we will stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: For the extra $20 a night book a cabin.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank biggarbob
Reviewed 10 July 2013

the cabins have no microwaves no coffee makers just an aluminum pots. Very dark and some were painted with strong odor varnish coulnt stand the smell. All that maybe could be tolerated if the service was friendly which it was not. Will never go back . They couldn't even say good morning just checking out take your money and leave. The only advantage is being beside hot springs which there also is no deal for the pool if you stay there. Also had to ask 2x for the cabin to be cleaned. I rate it at 1 out of 10.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank michelle d
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My husband and I really liked this place. We arrived late, and only stayed one night so we didn't get to fully enjoy all of its charms but we got a nice feeling from this place and would have liked to stay longer. Our room was super cute, very clean, with log walls, a communal eating area (which I could see being great fun for a family meal or a card game on a rainy day) a kitchenette and of course it's all surrounded by the great outdoors. There was definitely a retro, even slightly kitschy, feel to the whole place. The restaurant serves a great breakfast (I had the best hash browns I've probably ever had). We didn't eat dinner but based on other reviews it sounds like we would've been equally impressed. After eating our fill we tackled the Sulphur Skyline hike, the trailhead is in a corner of the hot springs parking lot just a short walk away. It was an immensely satisfying hike, it was a tough climb but the views at the top are spectacular---a sea of mountaintops. Afterwards we went to the hot springs and had a soak. What a magical place!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ftgrnegrl
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Stayed one night in the motel area. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. Quiet peaceful get away. No phone, no TV, no internet. We had visited the hot springs before, but never stayed overnight. Would come back and stay longer next time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank airwin55
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We stayed one night at this fabulous resort! Very clean and comfortable. The food at the restaurant was excellent! I had a traditional Greek dish called Moussaka. What a treat in the middle of our beautiful Rocky Mountains! I know we will be back for sure! See you next year.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gandjmyre
Reviewed 31 May 2013

It was my first time at Miette, staying with a couple who are regulars. Rustic but clean and well-equipped, with incredible views and unbeatable proximity to the hot springs! Very friendly and knowledgeable staff, and the food was delicious. I'll definitely return with my own family.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends