Miette Hot Springs Resort
US$203
Filia Inn(Jasper)(Great Value!)
US$138
Official Site
All reviewshot poolswinding roadskyline trailbig horn sheepminute walklong weekendjasper national parkfull kitchenhikekitchenettechaletsulphursceneryhintonstoveproximitywildlife
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Booked a cabin for two nights with another couple.

This is a rustic area, 18 KM up a winding, hilly road, and about 45 minutes outside of the Jasper townsite. This is not a luxurious resort - its basic accommodation for families. The cabins are unpretentious and cozy. They were built in 1938 - so adjust your expectations accordingly. You get beds, sitting area, kitchenette, and dining area plus bathroom with shower only.

Kitchenette is small, fridge is tiny, and you do have to wash your own dishes.

We were happy with the accommodation and enjoyed the rustic, step-back-in-time aspects. An enjoyable stay was had by all.

Little minuses: Beds have seen better days. Ours was saggy in the middle and squeaked something fierce. There aren't really separate bedrooms - just room dividers you pull closed.

At first blush we thought that perhaps the cabins were a tad overpriced - but when you consider the cost of hauling every single up that hill (staff and supplies included) - it's actually quite reasonable.

We ate at the restaurant and found the service friendly and charming, the prices reasonable, but the food only so-so.

We had no trouble with bookings (we changed our reservation a week before we arrived) and found the owners to be helpful and available.

I'd happily stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank AnnaSuave
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed in a self contained log cabin. I wouldn't say it was a LOG cabin but it was made of wood. It's very dated and run on a shoe string budget. The cabins are dark, the room smelled smokey from the fire place, the beds were creaky and like Becks4444 said " The towels in the bathroom were anciently old ..."
The restaurant food was ok...
Probably should have gone for another room, more updated, but we were in the mountains, close to the pools and we were happy.
Whould I go back? Probably not. I would just do a day trip from Jasper instead.

Room Tip: Don't choose a cabin.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Just got back from our annual retreat to this great place. As always, everything was fantastic, except the weather which we have no control over and accept. John, Anna and all their staff were fabulous. This year we stayed in the Chalet again. It was very accommodating, clean, and quiet with everything we needed. Apparently they recently put new beds, pillows, etc in there and we sure noted the comfort. It is so wonderful to just relax in the comfort of the room, on the lawn chairs and picnic tables outside of the rooms and, more important, in the hot springs which are just a short walk away. There are also lots of great trails to wander or even just wander around the site for fresh air and exercise. And, of course, I would be remiss if I did not mention the great food, very reasonably priced, in their restaurant. Something I highly recommend. Service is good, price is right and food is great be it for breakfast, lunch or supper. If staying in a kitchenette, you can also bring your own stuff to cook up. Units have everything you need but the spices!

We had a fabulous time once again and look forward to next year. Met some great people from the Netherlands, Winnipeg, etc. The family from the Netherlands were next door neighbors. He is in their military and currently doing duty in Texas. They were great to chat with!

Anna, John, Christina's and staff....we look forward to next year. Keep up the great hospitality and comfort of your wonderful resort.

The Glubish Family

Room Tip: Reluctant to tell my secrets but room 52 in the chalet is an end room so has extra windows...nice touch. Not going to share any more secrets for now!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I would be very wary pre-booking Miette Hot Springs Resort. I was assisting relatives to pre-book some spots for their Canadian vacation and Miette was one of those locations. I used my credit card on their behalf. Part way through the trip they had to make some changes so I called reservations and because it was inside the 7 day cancellation window I was charged yet when reservations was checked the day of the original reservation there was "no vacancy"!! I am thinking they made double on those rooms that night!! Sad to think we treat visitors this way.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Sandy M
Reviewed 23 July 2013

There is something to be said about rustic accommodation and this can be part of an adventure but we were disappointed. Our cabins were dark, stuffy and very dated. The towels in the bathroom were anciently old and the bed absolutely horrible. The mattress was worn out with bumps and sags and super squeaky. The cabin had no coffee maker or microwave.
The owners were just meh. I am not sure if they know how to be friendly or engaging. Too bad. We won't be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family