Miette Hot Springs Resort
US$229
getaroom.com
Filia Inn(Jasper)
Official Site
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
All reviewshot poolswinding roadskyline trailbig horn sheepminute walklong weekendjasper national parkfull kitchenhikekitchenettechaletsulphursceneryhintonstoveproximitywildlife
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Back in Nov. we said it would be nice to have a family get together at Miette Hot Springs for father's day weekend. We chose this resort as it was close to the hot springs & we could all stay together. We made an excellent choice - 5 adults & 1 child stay in 1 cabin with a fireplace which made it all the cozier on a chilly rainy fun weekend! I would recommend this place to any family! The hosts are welcoming, friendly. The restaurant serves great food.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the cabins, great choice. Place has a playground, BBQ pit, close to the hot springs.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ElaineBalul
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I just spent the night here with a family member visiting from Germany. First of all, unless you want to drive at least 25 minutes on a long a curving road to the hot springs from another hotel, this is really your only choice. The good news is, it is a great choice. Located literally a few minutes walk from the hot springs, this resort a a friendly, family run and decently priced, clean and tidy place to stay. The resort is made up of little cabins or you can stay in rooms in the resort, which is where we stayed. We had two rooms with 2 queen beds, a mini fridge, a table, bunk beds and a bathroom. The on site restaurant serves quality tasty home cooking with slight greek additions to the menu. Our sampled dinner and breakfasts were both excellent. I highly recommend this resort. The only thing I found lacking was the fact they do not have wifi, but I asked and apparently they are getting it in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Salsajo
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I don't remember what we paid, but compared to the other prices in Jasper, it was very reasonable (around $100). Also we were surprised to find the place on short notice (we inquired earlier the same day from Banff). ONce we goththere, we were pleasantly surprised by the place. Unfortunately, it was too long of a drive from Jasper, so we only stayed 1 night. We enjoyed being able to cook dinner in the kitchen. But most of all we loved to see the deer leisurely strolling through the grounds from our back window. This was the kind of place to visit and just relax. No running around from one attraction to the next. If we stayed longer, we would have gone to the hot springs pool, just a very short walk up the road.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Linda T
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Starting as a online search for a cozy romantic trip for my new wife and I to reconnect once a year. It has now become a yearly tradition of a week in August for just my wife and Iand 3 days the week before Thanksgiving with my mother in-law. Every time we come back we are so relaxed and recharged that now my assistant and another couple we know now have started going as well.
Get away from the "connected" world where everyone sits and stares at their cell phones. There is no internet or cell service but its amazing how great that is just hours into your stay. If you need to check in there is service at the bottom of the mountain .
We have rented both full cabins and the Motel. There are options from couples to large families. Both are clean and well maintained. The room service is always there but you barely notice them. Friendly and efficient. If you feel like cooking there is full kitchen in the cabins and Kitchenettes in the motel. No microwaves but with planning its wonderful preparing meals as a couple for a few nights. We also bring a portable bbq and slow cooker.
If cooking is not your style the restaurant is fabulous. Mouth watering steaks and all the comfort foods are on the menu. Eat inside by the fireplace or take in the amazing view out on the deck. You could easily eat there all 3 meals of the day. Take on the 10oz steak. hmmmm now I am hungry again.
It is a short walk to the hot springs from your rooms. Every night take a dip before bed, afternoon or morning. The pool offers a day rate or single admission in case you want to come multiple times.
We cherish our time at this Jem in the woods. It is not for everyone as not everyone is not prepared to simplify and be a little less connected from their current lifestyle. If your looking to step back and just feel the everyday life hustle and bustle drain from you head to your toes this may just sneak its way into your family as well.
We will be back every year and can not wait to share this with our children someday.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shaun M
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I have frequented this establishment for well over 20 years; however, this time was very different. I had booked a room for 2 nights. My vehicle broke down in Edson en route. I made a phone call and spoke to the wife to explain what had happened and that I may not make it for that night and if I did it would be quite late. I was told "no problem, I understand, will we see you tomorrow?" I said "Yes, and if not I will call back to re-establish." When I arrived the next day I went in with a smile and thanked her for her help and that I would pay for the 2 nights if required. The husband yelled from the office behind her to get out and don't call again, and don't come back again. He said that I had not called and I would not get a room, even though it was still available. The wife remained quiet, did not back me up. I left in tears. I don't remember being treated as poorly in my life by people I have known for almost 3 decades. The owner's names are John and Anna Virlas.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
25  Thank liz771
cvirlas, General Manager at Miette Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

We would like to inform potential guests reading this review that this reviewer has altered or perhaps forgotten some of the details of this event. Although a call was made to Anna to inform her that the guest was having car troubles, she insisted that she would be arriving very late that evening. She informed Anna she was planning on renting a car, so she could arrive for her reservation. Anna and this reviewer went on to make arrangements for her late arrival, getting a unit # and a pick-up location for her key after office hours. For what ever reason, she DID NOT SHOW, NOR DID SHE CALL TO CANCEL.

Because this reviewer was a valued returning guest, her reservation was held in good faith, WITHOUT A CREDIT CARD.

The following morning, the reviewer came in to the office to ask if her unit was still available. She was then informed that it would still be available to her, as long as she paid the fee for the missed reservation. This was not received well and the discussion unfortunately became heated.

We would like to emphasize to all guests that they are responsible for their reservation and we encourage notification of cancellation, regardless of the situation.