“Our favorite in Jasper”
Review of Something Else

Something Else
Ranked #19 of 84 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Edmonton, Alberta
“Our favorite in Jasper”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We always make a point of stopping at this restaurant when in Jasper, be it for take out or for service in the restaurant. The portions are large, the food is great, and the staff is always friendly. The restaurant is run by a local Greek family and has a definite "home" atmosphere to it.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Okehampton, United Kingdom
“Extremely average meal”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Not one of the high points on our trip to The Rockies, whilst the service was good but the food was very average. The roast potatoes were very disappointing, lukewarm and not fresh, more like boiled potatoes quickly re warmed in frying pan. Bar b que chicken was ok, but nothing memorable. Soup was reasonable and warming.

Edmonton
“Very Average!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Average to me means the sum of the high and the low. I felt exactly this way when we left. We were a group of 20, so we sampled an an amazing variety of dishes.
Highs- Great service, super deserts, Baklava was amazing! Spanokopita and Calamari were fantastic. Drink prices reasonable.
Lows- Extremely small meat portions for the high prices. Portions look huge but in reality, large portions of salad and rice cover the plate. Across the board not one good thing to say about any Pasta dish.

In conclusion, small portions, hit and miss menu. Once is enough for us.

Visited October 2013
Tasmania
“Large Serves”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Ate here on a busy Friday night - the restaurant is quite large and seemed to cater more for family and larger groups. The menu is quite extensive - we thought it was a Greek restaurant but it seemed to cater for all cuisine lovers. We had chicken creole and cajun chicken penne - both were huge serves and we probably could have been adequately filled by sharing only one of them. There was nothing wrong with the meals but they were nothing special and fairly bland in spite of the seasonings. Given the size of the serves the price was quite reasonable but we didn't rush back.

Visited September 2013
Barriere, Canada
“So delicious!”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My boyfriend and I chose this place out of a tourist magazine, on short notice -- called them up on Saturday night and they said they would have a booth ready for us in 20 minutes. We were seated immediately, had our order taken right away, and had our appetizer in minutes. We had just finished the divine spanokapita (and looking through photos from our day of hiking) when our delicious entrees arrived... I had lamb souvlaki with a caesar salad (an option instead of greek salad). The salad was very rich -- the most dressing and parmesan cheese I've ever had on a caesar salad, to the point where I had to drink water between bites, but that's certainly better than some of the plain salads I've eaten! The lamb was perfect, the rice soft, the pita bread fresh, and the tzatziki sauce had a great bite to it! My meal filled a large plate to the brim, so I considered that good value for $23, especially considering I had my leftovers for lunch. :) My boyfriend had steak with roasted potatoes and said it was cooked to perfection. We liked the atmosphere in the restaurant, including the nice music and friendly, well-dressed staff (although the chefs were in jerseys and baseball caps, which made us a little wary upon entering since that is the first thing you see, as the kitchen is viewable through an open wall --but as my bf said, "If you can cook, you can cook!). We went to Evil Dave's the night before and while the food was great there too, it was more expensive and the place was smaller / more cramped), so we actually preferred Something Else after all was said and done!