“Very welcoming”

Ranked #72 of 90 Restaurants in Jasper
Tauranga
“Very welcoming”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We went in because we all felt like a good steak and the menu looked promising. Lived up to its promise, we all enjoyed our meals and drinks. The waitress was very good without being over the top. Recommended.

Visited August 2013

Calgary, Canada
“Average”
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

We're staying at the Amethyst and thought we'd check out the restaurant. I had the "surf and turf" dinner special, and was turned off my the "surf" side of the dish - over cooked shrimps, chewy calamari ring and a weird, gooey mess of a deep fried octopus or squid tentacle ( wasn't able to see what it was, and it was so over cooked I couldn't chew it). The turf side of the dish was awesome, as was the soup and desert. Eggplant parmesan was a hit with my husband.

Agree with last comment - the breakfast is sketchy, at best. $14 for a buffet of liquid scrambled eggs, crispy pancakes, dry cereal (& no milk?!?) and burned bacon is a bit expensive. Sadly, it just didn't taste good at all.

Staff on the other hand are super, polite and the only reason I rated it as average.

Visited June 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Food was too expensive and tasted old”
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We stopped here for breakfast during our last trip since we had been here about 3 years ago and really enjoyed it. We decided to get the breakfast buffet which was $14/person. The buffet consisted of rubbery scrambled eggs that were hard to chew, burnt sausage, and there was no milk for my son's cereal. We brought that to the attention of the server but the milk was not replaced by the time we had had enough of our meal. Really disappointed with the meal. We ended up paying and then heading down to A & W.

• Visited February 2013
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Jasper”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We had an excellent dinner at Anthony's Restaurant, tasting a little bit of everything: Carrot-Ginger soupe, Nachos, Hamburger, Shrimps with coconut milk, Stirloin. Everything was delicious.

Visited September 2012
Ajax
“Decent food, but description and service could have been better”
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Ordered the vegetarian enchiliada, and specified no sour cream. I did not think I needed to say further no cheese, because there wasn't cheese listed in the description. When I received my meal, it had cheese on the top. I expressed my dissapointment, stating that it didn't say this in the menu. The waitress simply responded "all our enchiladas have cheese" (again, not something noted in the menu, and not something inherent to enchiladas, which by nature are simply stuffed corn tortillias). When I said I could not have cheese, she only offered me a plate to scrape it off on, with no further concern. When I was noticeably upset my Christmas dinner was ruined, she offered to replace the one in the middle that had the most cheese on it (I declined as my partner was already half done his meal at this point). I learned a valuable lesson to state my food restrictions clearly at the beginning of a meal in the future, but do believe the restaurant should state any dairy included in a meal, and that the waitress should have done more to accomodate.

• Visited December 2012