“Good breakfast place away from the crowds”

Bright Spot Family Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 84 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Good breakfast place away from the crowds”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I have traveled by car and as a bus drivers all over western North America and I often chose which truck stops to eat at by the parking lot. If I see a lot of big trucks in the parking lot more times then not the food will be decent and reasonably prices. I found this place using a similar theory.

I went here just to get gas for my car before I looked for a place for breakfast. I only noticed one big truck but this is in a National Park so that should not be surprising. However looking in the window I did notice a lot of bright yellow and orange vests, the sign of hard working men and women. If the local construction workers liked the place so much I thought I would give it a try.

For a truck stop type cafe the place was good. I ate there for three straight breakfasts and the service was always quick. The food was decent, pretty much what you should get from a place like this, and was well priced for a tourist town.

The Bright Spot is easy to find and park at even if you have a large RV. It is one of the last buildings on the west end of Connaught as you are heading towards to the Icefield Parkway. You can get gas, before hitting the road, and then park your RV or car and have a good breakfast or lunch.

• Visited July 2014

“Good Greek cuisine, otherwise average”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Although their fish and chips may be average, as well as their pizzas, their Greek cuisine is far above average. When I arrived, I expected it to be hardly worth the drive, and it initially looked to be a boring gas station diner. It was, however with far better atmosphere, and also a good selection of Greek food, all of which was excellent. I would certainly recommend going here, however go for the Greek, not their pizza.

Romsey, United Kingdom
“Great breakfast!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Having been to Canada before you cannot go wrong with a roadside diner for breakfast. We called in here for breakfast knowing that it would be good value as it's attached to a filling station so therefore would be frequented by locals more than tourists. We were not disappointed, we both had the house special 3 eggs any which way, 3 strips of bacon, 2 sausages, ham, fried potatoes and 2 slices of toast. Really set us up for the day. Even skipped lunch because we were still full. Authentic diners are hard to find and we really liked the throw back feel. James Dean would have liked it here. Great coffee and very reasonably priced for what we had. I would go back anytime. Fine dining it isn't, but you aren't paying for that, good home cooked food it is and that is what this place is all about.

Manhattan, Kansas
“Ate there 4 times in 7 days!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

It didn't take us long on our visit to Jasper to figure out how expensive all the restaurants in town are. We had heard of The Bright Spot and that it had good food at reasonable prices, so we gave it a try...and kept going back and back....
We ate breakfast there twice and it was really good. Went there for dinner to eat trout, which was a few $$ cheaper than at the other restaurants in town, and it tasted absolutely wonderful!
During our 4 visits we only encountered friendly staff. Definitely a place we would go back to.

Edmonton, Canada
“Eat where the locals eat...”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Good, simple food,at a reasonable price. Most restaurants in Jasper are over-priced, catering to the tourist market. The Bright Spot is attached to the local PetroCan gas station, so it lacks the glitzy ambience, but the food is just as good (if not better) than the fancy places on the main drag. It's also a lot cheaper!

Visited May 2014