“Great Food!”

Ranked #23 of 90 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Comfortable and family friendly restaurant with a large menu selection. Great food at reasonable prices!
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Karouzo's serves great unpretentious food.
We ordered the steak and crab legs combo and also the Beef Souvlaki. We ordered our steak blue and the chef delivered a perfectly cooked steak. The beef Souvlaki was one of the best I've had. The food was excellent. Staff was friendly and attentive.
The only downside is the decor needs a bit updating but this doesn't affect the quality, portion and taste of the food. If you want good quality unpretentious food, give this place a try.

There are newer reviews for Karouzo's Steaks Seafood

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I chose this based on TA comments when looking for a good steakhouse. Bad choice. The initial service was slow, I ordered a Greek salad and New York steak. The Greek salad was fine. When my medium rare steak arrived it was well overcooked, not a hint of pink on the first cut. Unusually I complained to the server who called the manager, who offered a replacement and a complimentary drink. OK response I guess.
However when the replacement steak arrived,although it was correctly cooked, it was so tough it was difficult to cut never mind chew. I gave up complaining at this stage. It cant be asking too much for a steak restaurant in Alberta to produce a simple well cooked steak.
In addition to this the atmosphere was terrible, a coach party arrived who were seated at the back of the restaurant behind a partition. They then proceeded to spend the evening shouting at each other.

Oh and after one draft beer, they ran out.

What a difference to the food and atmosphere the previous evening at the nearby Fiddle River.

KarouzosSteakhouse, Owner at Karouzo's Steaks Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Hello Norm, I'm sorry your experience at Karouzo's was so disappointing to you. I would like to address a couple of things in your complaint. First of all you said you ordered a New York Steak. You did not. You ordered the Karouzo's Pepper Steak which is made with a Sirloin Steak which may be part of your issue. If you thought you were eating a New York but were eating a sirloin I could see how you could be disappointed. I had taken your first steak and yes around the edge was not medium rare but the steak was not uniform in thickness and the edges are impossible to have medium rare when this is so. But it was medium rare through out the rest. When I quality checked your second steak (again a sirloin not a New York) you said it was good and ate the entire thing. You were also happy with your complimentary bottled beer and didn't mind at the time that we had ran out of draft. I feel that from the time you sat down nothing we could do could make you happy. Even ignoring our server as you were leaving as he tried multiple times to just tell you that you were leaving your jacket and camera behind on the table.

In regards to our coach tour group. Yes we did fill up with a group of 50 (an amazing group from the United States I'd like to add) along with our other 100 seats already full. I can assure you they were not "yelling at each other". When you have a restaurant full of 150 customers it will be loud and yes it was loud! This is Jasper, a tourist town that millions of people visit each year. July and August are our busiest months and we are full every night. If you prefer quiet with less people around to bother you I suggest the fall. September is a beautiful time to visit.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We ended up going twice after liking the first stop. We went back for their homemade personal pizza, which was very good. Mostly young folk work here, like the rest of Jasper. Sometimes the service is a little spotty but these guys were well trained. It is located right on the main street(Connaught) so it's easy to find.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I had dinner one night in this restaurant. It was chosen randomly and I was glad that I found it.

Ordered 6oz steak with garlic mashed potato and steamed veggies.

Everything was good with reasonable price.

I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We walked down the avenue and stopped in at this place for dinner. Waitress was friendly, and place was comfortable. But the french onion soup and all our entrees were really salty. Not sure if that's just us not use to Jasper cuisine, or the cook was a stand-by, or what! We told the waitress starting with the soup, and she made right by giving them to us half price (could have been free since we didn't finish them, oh well, she tried anyways), but we didn't bother with the entree. Just drank lots of water afterwards!

It's OK, you don't come to Jasper for the cuisine.

1  Thank MarshBird