“Nice Meal” 5 of 5 bubbles

Pyramid Lake Family Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 83 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
St. Albert, Canada
“Nice Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

I decided to give my Husband a birthday gift and stayed at Pyramid Lake Resort. We went to the restaurant and had a great meal - some very interesting menu options - but is was well worth it.

1 Thank Laura W

Margaret River
“If this is the one we went to...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

If this is the restaurant at the Pyramid Lodge it is excellent- best meal we had in Canada and very friendly staff.

1 Thank MreMargaretRiver
Escondido
“Got sick from the chicken--AVOID THIS PLACE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

We initially asked the waiter to tell the chef we required a low-salt meal.
The chicken was prepared with a high-salt broth, so we asked the waiter to take it back and remove the broth with the salt. The chef got angry. The chicken was returned to us, not really low salt but seemingly not well-cooked. As he was already angry, we chose not to return it to him again.
Both my husband and I were sick for 2-3 days after that meal.

3 Thank joyous1882
“Skip Dessert - A 12 dollar Cheese Tray for Two was a joke, not funny.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

We went for dinner at this restaurant called "Lakeside Pub". It had a fine-dining atmosphere with a great lake view.

My main course was fine. Feeling that the portion was rather small, for dessert, I ordered Cheese for Two: The menu reads "A variety of Cheeses with Savory Preserves, Crackers & Fresh Fruit" for $12 (refer to the resort hotel's website http://www.mpljasper.com/pdf/menus/LAKESIDE%20DESSERT[1].pdf ). The waiter assured me that it would come with 'nuts' or/and 'dried fruit' and 'substatial'. Sadly, the cheese dish, not even a tray, turned to be really 'insubstantial', having three unmemorable kinds of cheeses, a few tasteless crackers, and two tired thin slices of honeydue. I have asked 'dried fruit' and/or 'nuts'. The waiter said, "sorry we did not have nuts or dried fruit' and instead he pointed out that It had a teaspoonful of jam. Shouldn't he have asked us back if what he had assured us of turned out to be not available? I became speechless, and smiled back like an idiot. I could not finish the cheese part, not because the amount was large, but virtually there were no other things to balance with the salty cheeses and commercial crackers.

It was the most expensive dessert that I ordered for a very long time, and it turned out to be the largest rif-off. I would put the fair price of 6 dollars, at the most, on that cheese dish. The absolute amount of my loss was small, being $6 plus tax. However, it is 100% overpriced. I really felt that it was unethical to charge $12 for that incomplete and unsubstantial dessert.

If they do not have all the ingredients fitting the price, they should take it off the menu. Was the waiter careless or the chep unscrupulous? I am not sure of which, but certainly it was misleading.

Was my experience an isolated fluke? I still wonder and would like to come back here to check other reviews.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KorCan
Grande Prairie, Canada
“overpriced for winter season”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

Location is beautiful 2 ice rinks for skating and hockey were flated down in the lake. the room clean but too small, not enough blankets and pillows for the number of persons. the bathroom need complete renovation. Doesn t worth the price. Beautiful architecture, but not a luxury hotel.

• 2 of 5 bubbles