“A definite stop for some amazing food!!!”
Review of Tekarra Restaurant

Tekarra Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tekarra Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 92 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to our "cabin in the woods", Tekarra Restaurant, Jasper's fine dining experience since 1952. Chef Dale Nutt, and owners Mike and Cyndi Day, created a menu inspired by regional products such as Alberta bison and AAA beef, Wild Boar, free run chicken, and Arctic Char. Our appetizers feature small and shared plates and follow the same theme with meat and cheese boards, house smoked trout, and deviled eggs with bacon jam, to name but a few. Our service team are here to ensure you have an enjoyable, relaxing dining experience. Cheers!
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was the first time I had been to Jasper and in doing some research prior to the trip, I had narrowed it down to three places and after some very careful considerations and especially comparing the menus as well as the chefs behind them, it became obvious that Tekarra was the place to go.

My wife and I always look forward to trying out different restaurants and are quite picky as to where we get to enjoy that experience. And now for the actual review.

Firstly, the restaurant is a bit out of town, actually, it took us about 10 mins to get there and it is located next to cabins that are for rent on site.

We had a reservation and I had asked for a nice table as the mrs. and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary. Linden, had us waiting for no more than two minutes at the front before he escorted us to our table in the corner overlooking the restaurant and as well as views of the trees, cabins and totem poles from the window.

We started out with appetizers and they were fantastic! I had the foie gras and it was one of the best I've had. My wife had the scallops and she liked them so much that she ordered them a second time and enjoyed them even more.

For my main course, I had the Macadamia Crusted Lamb Rack (medium rare, of course) and it too was one of the best lamb I have had! It was cooked perfectly. The flavours were such that you did not want the experience to stop. My wife had the Arctic Char. She was very impressed as to the whole presentation, portions, flavours and everything else that went into our food.

We had a "sampler" plate of desserts. It too was perfect as there were about 5 different types of desserts in mini portions that was just enough to end this wonderful experience without having you feel heavy and bloated.

To say that we highly recommend Tekarra would be a massive understatement! From the minute you walk in to the time you leave, the timing for all the courses, as well as the bill, is impeccable! We never felt rushed in any way at all. Although, keep in mind that we were there on a Wednesday evening.

Thank you Tekarra for an amazing experience! We look forward to coming out to see you again.

Vishal & Jenn.
Calgary

2  Thank Vishal R

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Don't let the location put you off, or the fact that it's inexplicably missing from the numerous Jasper dining guides or the guidebooks. This is the best restaurant we've eaten at in Canada, and we had a truly memorable meal. The service was excellent, the menu adventurous and exciting, the ingredients local, and the wine list very good. Highlights were the best pasta I've ever had (papardelle with beef) and the amazing scallop and pork belly starter. The wine recommendation from the staff was perfect.

Tekarra is a perfect place for a special occasion, and won't disappoint.

2  Thank colm_london
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This restaurant is located among the Tekarra cabins on highway 93A a short way out of town from Jasper. It is well worth the short drive to get there.

The restaurant has a casual atmosphere, with low background music. Wait staff are friendly and helpful.

The food is excellent. The chefs here understand that great food is about flavors, textures, and presentation all wrapped together to create a culinary experience.

The scallops with pork belly are a favorite of mine, and my wife raved about the profiteroles. The elk tortierre caught my eye, but will have to wait for our next trip to Jasper. We also had the Arctic char and a tenderloin pasta dish which were both wonderful, as were the beignets for dessert.

This is a favorite for us. Try it--you'll like it!

2  Thank Bushed77
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Tekarra Lodge is about 1km south of Jasper, with this splendid restaurant open to non-residents. This is fine dining indeed, refined, opulent and efficient. As there was local game on the menu, we tarted with Elk Toutiere and Bison Sous Vide, both excellent, though there were at least two or three other starters that were very tempting. The we both enjoyed Arctic Char, this being the only place we found in this region serving this particular fish. Decadent but yummy chocolate souffle to finish. Very good wine list and impeccable service.

2  Thank Jules8Perkins
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Truly impressive, every course is an experience, and some of the food is among the best I've ever tasted. I'm still craving the 'scallop-hoisin pork belly-jackfruit' combination.
This is the only restaurant that I have ever been to where the visual experience goes so far beyond the food itself. It is also the only restaurant I've been to that creates smells with the dishes separate from the food (burning cinnamon & rosemary for example). This is more than just about the food. This is an experience for all of your senses. You will taste, smell and view food in ways you have never experienced before. Whether or not you have eaten all the ingredients that will make up your meal before, you will leave having experienced them in a new way. It is truly an ode to what food can be and a temple for those who love fine dining

Wine pairing maybe a bit expensive, but they have got good labels and some nice beers.
Service was also excellent. Tekarra team is a pro in their business!!

3  Thank Andy P