“Villa Caruso - Dinner”

Villa Caruso
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Beautiful restaurant , with breathtaking view from every seat in the restaurant.Large outdoor patios, Caters to adults and Children. Children's menu available.Menu includes, Steaks, Wild Game, Seafood, Pasta, some Specialty greek dishes.Open for Lunch May thru October
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Villa Caruso Restaurant is located upstairs at 640 Connaught in downtown Jasper. It has a large dining area with views overlooking Jasper and the Canadian Rockys. It's an established restaurant and we have dined there on several occasions on previous trips. My wife and I were in Jasper for 4 evenings and this was the least enjoyable dinner we had.

We started with a glass of wine and shared a Caesar salad. My wife ordered the chicken in a chardonnay sauce and I had the pork tenderloin. We were dining at 8:30 and both entrees came dry and over cooked. The accompanying sauces were very thick (maybe too late in the evening?) Neither of us finished our entrees and did not want take home containers. We regretted not stopping with the wine and Caesar salad. Our bill including wine, dinner, tax and tip was $120.

So a poor review of the restaurant. Good service, good portions, disappointing entrées, and expensive for the meals provided. Our least enjoyable evening in Jasper. We've had a much better experience on previous trips several years ago.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Tried.. Because for the first time in my life a steak on my plate I front of me was inedible. Especially inedible for $32 a plate. Prime rib that came out appeared to have been frozen beef (maybe) heated up on a grill served with awful gravy from a can maybe. If looking for prime rib like I was, please do not go here - for your sake! It was bad.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I struggled a bit with one, I hedged on very good. Scenic view, sure, but within a city scape. I have a friend who loves trains, so for him overlooking the Jasper train yard would have been a great experience. For us, just interesting. Terrace seating is tight. Enjoyed the meal, great portion sizes, it just wasn't excellent, good to be sure. The shrimp were massive and plenty, the Elk was the size of a small roast, a tad dry, but Elk is tough to cook medium rare especially given the size. It was wrapped in Boar bacon which was very good, it is just hard too get it medium rare, if you like it well done, no worries. My wife's chicken was also a bit dry, so maybe they are just keeping things on a bit too long. Meal prices were good. Dessert menu did not appeal to us. Service was very good. Drinks, appetizer, and mains was 125.00. Price's were comparable and fair with Jasper.

1  Thank RTHolt
Reviewed 5 July 2014

A convenient friendly place in town that served very good food and drink. Service was very good with room outside and good views of Rockies. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

These restaurants are one and the same - you can read my review of the restaurant from a late June 2014 visit under the other listing (great view from terrace, average food, awesome that they serve Moosehead Beer)

1  Thank traveltime841