Miro's has always been the go to place in town for an incredible fine dining experience. I am afraid to report that something has definitely changed.
A group of ten of us went to Miro's in mid December for our staff Christmas dinner. We arrived at 6:30 pm and were one of the early groups to arrive. Our evening ended 2 hours and 45 minutes later when I asked them to cancel our desert and bring us the bill.
A quick run down of our evening is as follows:
1) even though we were one of the first to arrive for the evening we were told that they had run out of asparagus
2) our wine order took over 40 minutes to arrive from the time we ordered it. When it did show up we were told that the two bottles we ordered were not available and this was the suggested substitute. I understand from talking to a few friends that this is quite common. If you do not have a specific wine, get it off your wine list.
3) the salads that we ordered for an appetizer contained rotten spinach and it appeared they were thrown together in about 5 seconds.
4) our entrees were good! It would be nice to see a fresh menu. The items we ordered were on the menu ten years ago.
5) upon completing our meal we ordered desert. Tables that were still eating there main course when we ordered our desert, had received and completed there desert before ours came
6) large groups that came after us had left for the evening and we were still waiting for desert
7) when I did ask them to cancel our desert and bring the bill, they didn't even blink. I got a very strong impression that this has been happening on a regular basis.
Miro, if you happen to read this, change your menu up a bit and fix the problems that have snuck into your restaurant. You have always done an incredible job and I do look forward to coming back some day. But only if I hear that things have changed!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.