“Things have changed...”

Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Miro's has always been the go to place in town for an incredible fine dining experience. I am afraid to report that something has definitely changed.

A group of ten of us went to Miro's in mid December for our staff Christmas dinner. We arrived at 6:30 pm and were one of the early groups to arrive. Our evening ended 2 hours and 45 minutes later when I asked them to cancel our desert and bring us the bill.

A quick run down of our evening is as follows:
1) even though we were one of the first to arrive for the evening we were told that they had run out of asparagus
2) our wine order took over 40 minutes to arrive from the time we ordered it. When it did show up we were told that the two bottles we ordered were not available and this was the suggested substitute. I understand from talking to a few friends that this is quite common. If you do not have a specific wine, get it off your wine list.
3) the salads that we ordered for an appetizer contained rotten spinach and it appeared they were thrown together in about 5 seconds.
4) our entrees were good! It would be nice to see a fresh menu. The items we ordered were on the menu ten years ago.
5) upon completing our meal we ordered desert. Tables that were still eating there main course when we ordered our desert, had received and completed there desert before ours came
6) large groups that came after us had left for the evening and we were still waiting for desert
7) when I did ask them to cancel our desert and bring the bill, they didn't even blink. I got a very strong impression that this has been happening on a regular basis.

Miro, if you happen to read this, change your menu up a bit and fix the problems that have snuck into your restaurant. You have always done an incredible job and I do look forward to coming back some day. But only if I hear that things have changed!

3  Thank psdfan

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Extremely dissapointed with last meal...salad had rotten leaves, service unbelievably slow, Entrees were fabulous, but bad appetizers and terrible service has me looking for a new fine dining restaurant!

1  Thank pinkpeony2016
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Always excellent food and service! You won't be disappointed, call ahead though for reservations. Great atmosphere for couples special occasion, or small groups of friends. Nice to linger over dinner, you will never feel rushed or part of an assembly line. Miro has excellent choices for wine pairing.

4  Thank Nancy B
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Really enjoyed the meal here: shared the calamari and scallops
to start (even if you're an east coaster like me, you'll enjoy these!), then had the beef tenderloin pasta special, and the chocolate mousse to start. I'd recommend all of these, the calamari wasn't fried and the spicy sauce it came in was really nice, and the mousse was rich but not too heavy, and the flavour was very chocolatey. The food was delicious, and portions were sized appropriately so you can enjoy three courses. The place was packed but service was still quick, and our server was very friendly. Highly recommend, and would certainly return.

4  Thank atticgirl7
Reviewed 26 April 2013

We visited Lethbridge for family reasons. We wanted to taste some beef from Alberta and our friend in Lethbridge recommended this nice bistro downtown. The bistro was very cozy and the service was warm. The menu had a good selection. The wine list was extensive, especially the Australian wines. There was also a great selection of French wines. I had the pan fried squids as the appetizer and we shared a chateaubrian for two. It was nicely presented with some pesto penne. The vegetables were locally sourced. We shared a pavlova for dessert. It was an enjoyable dinner at a reasonable price.

2  Thank VCR_traveler515