“Great Customer Service”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Lethbridge
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Customer Service”
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We always stay at this hotel when we visit Lethbridge and the customer service is always outstanding. One time the front desk agent walked me to my vehicle as it was dark out and this last time I needed to change my reservation and the front desk agent Jana (who is exceptional) recognised my voice over the phone although I only spoke to her once before.

It is clean and nicely decorated, the guestrooms are spacious are very quiet. We were right beside the elevator on the 4th floor and heard nothing. The breakfast area is really nice as well. We will not be staying anywhere else.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I've been lucky enough to stay at a great little hotel in Lethbridge, Alberta, which is close to the Rocky Mountains as well as Waterton National Park. The staff at this great little hotel are all well trained with regards to customer service. Among them is the front desk staff who impress the most. I lost my vehichle keys one day while staying there and the young man working there at the time helped me retrace my steps to find the lost keys. They were lost outside the hotel and he went as far as to help me look for the keys in the parking lot. He also called the movie theater, where I'd just been, to see if anyone turned them in and got the managers name and their contact info so I could call the next day. Fortunately the keys were found and all thanks to the front desk clerck. I've had to stay here over the summer off and on for working purposes and have stayed at many of the hotels in southern Alberta. This one has by far the most friendly staff and management!! Thank you Holiday Inn Express!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the fourth floor are the quietest. The suites are large and roomy enough for a young family...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Tracy C
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the last couple of years. My previous experiences have been okay, not great. But after my most recent stay, I won't be going back.

My latest stay was for one night at the end of August 2012, just before the long weekend. A few hours after I checked out, I realized I had forgotten in my room a pair of jeans with a belt threaded through the belt loops hanging on the bathroom door. I immediately called the hotel, and the front desk staff assured me that she had found both my jeans and my belt and that she would courier them to me.

When I received the package a few days later, my belt was missing. I called the hotel again, and was told they didn't have my belt and couldn't find it. They were apologetic, but unhelpful.

As the belt was still on the jeans when I hung them up on the bathroom door, I can only conclude that someone at the hotel decided to help themselves to my belt, and leave the jeans.

Oh, and only one elevator worked during my stay. I had to wait several minutes for the other elevator at times, and it sounded like it was about to give up the ghost at any moment as well.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Melody211
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lethbridge, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
Dear Melody211,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Manning, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I have been staying here exclusively for the past 5 years. The front desk staff are friendly and helpful, my room is always clean and well stocked and they do a great hot breakfast. There is a Cheesecake Factory right across the road, other restaurants close by and delivery available so you dont miss an onsite restaurant. Bed is comfortable, water pressure in the shower great, and the furnishing are clean and modern. I have absolutely no reason to change to another hotel, the Holiday Inn Express on Stafford Drive is my go to hotel in Lethbridge!

Room Tip: Dont take room 403 because guests forget to dial "9" before making a call and they end up...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

Today I called having full intentions on booking here for a stay of 2 weeks for 2-3 rooms throughout the stay which is a lot of business. Based solely on the very ignorant and disrespectful customer service I got on the phone alone with the booking agent turned me off instantly I will NOT take my company or leisure business here.

Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Travelguru444
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lethbridge, responded to this review, 16 September 2012
Dear Travelguru444,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your experience with us. We strive every day to create special experiences one guest at a time and I am truly disappointed we did not manage this for you. Please accept my sincere apology for the difficulties you experienced from our reservations representative. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will forward these to our front office to be addressed accordingly.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you will consider us on your future travels.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
calgary
Reviewed 7 August 2012

the hotel is very clean, bed not so good, staff service, exceptional. If you are going on vacation, don't stay in this one because is in downtown, there is nothing going on there. No room service, I think all hotels should have one and no restaurant even though they do offer hot breakfast to everyone

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kirabello
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We spent one night in Lethbridge at Holiday Inn Express hotel.
We always prefer this chain of hotels. They are very consistent in providing the same standard of service in all the hotels. When we travel in USA, we make it a point to stay in these hotels. I was not sure how they operate in Canada. We were delighted to find out, that they provide the same high standard of service in Canada.
Holiday Inn Express in Lethbridge is a very good hotel. The reception is good, the staff very courteous. Their free breakfast is reasonable. We have booked a two queen bed family suite. This is bigger than a normal room and there is ample room to keep your things. There was free Wi Fi with fast access to the internet. Our room had a sitting area with a separate table to keep our computer. We also had two flat TV sets in the room one close to the beds and the one other in the sitting area. This was a good thing for me as I could watch sports on one TV while my wife and daughter watched their cooking programs.
There was free parking near the hotel, but that was not enough. We took the car out to go out for dinner and when we came back, the car park was full. I had to park the car on the road outside the hotel. Within that short time, we saw several other cars looking for parking space and leaving unable to find parking. This hotel was unusually busy or something was happening in the area. There is a fairly good pool and a gym in the hotel. We did not have the time to use them, so cannot say whether they are up to the expected standard.
I would stay in this hotel if I come to Lethbridge again.

Room Tip: Not enough parking. Park early
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family