“Good value and friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Express Lethbridge
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Lethbridge
Edmonton, Canada
“Good value and friendly staff”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Stayed at the HI Express for two nights on a business trip to Lethbridge. The hotel is located just off the highway within walking distance to several restaurants, bars, shopping, etc. Checked in a 2am and the front desk clerk was very friendly. I was upgraded to a King suite, upon entering the room, quickly realized that it had not been cleaned. Quick return to the front desk and clerk apologised profusely and checked the next room prior to me going up.

Room was also an upgraded King Suite, lots of room and very clean. Breakfast is included in the morning and was good to start the day. Wifi was strong and had no issue accessing it anywhere in the hotel, room or lobby.

Will stay again when in Lethbridge.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Stinger55

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Stayed one night 25 March 2013
Room 310 - 2 queen beds.
Bed was ok, not great and bedding was also fine.
Flat screen TV with reasonable channels, though they use the "-" between the numbers and so it is not so intuitive to change channels. Selection of channels was fine. Several sports channels and several local channels.
Desk with task chair and lamp. Internet was slowish, but I could still do what I wanted to do.
Both room and bathroom were quite large, no lack of space. Both could use a freshen up or an update but they were not hopelessly out of date, rather they were sort of listless.
The bathtub was longer and much deeper than usual - quite nice.
Breakfast was ok - pancakes, water, orange juice and five alive, coffee, bagels and breads, scones, scrambled eggs (dried out on top), sausage patties, yogurt and milk.
The pool, slide and hot tub looked fine but I didn't use them on my one night stay.
If I were to return to Lethbridge I would prefer to stay at the Hamptons. But if there were some reason to return to this hotel I would have no problem doing so.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jacalope
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lethbridge, responded to this review, 14 April 2013
Dear Jacalope,

Thank you so much for your recent comments. I am glad to know that you found the breakfast served to be sufficient for your needs and found our rooms to be comfortable. I am sorry about the Internet connection being slow but I am glad that you were able to accomplish what you needed to do. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Again, many thanks for the comments and I hope we get the chance to host you again soon.

Best Regards,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Claresholm, Canada
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I joined my sister and mother for a girls weekend to visit family and shop. The room was spacious for three people and very comfortable. The free breakfast was very impressive and well done. Didn't expect eggs, sausage patties, pancakes, yogurt, cereals and toast. Of course, juice, coffee and tea as well. Our hotel choice made the trip very memorable. I would go there again. I usually pick a more economic hotel but this was much better and worth the consideration. The price was comparable to the economy hotels as well. Very modern, clean and a perfect location to downtown.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank relebee
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 14 February 2013

had a really good stay here. was on the main floor which I don't usually like but it was fine - a little raised from the road and the curtains allowed me to see out for light but were private enough. The room had a fridge and microwave. only not great part was no movies available on the tv and the tv was smaller than most. the breakfast is typical - fresh made pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, muffins, cereal etc. There is a mall within walking distance that has almost everything and best of all, the chapters has a Starbucks. There is no restaurant in the hotel - nearby I tried the Sidestreet grill - not fantastic but ok. I noticed a Chinese restaurant (New Dynasty) only a block away - not a lot of choices if you don't have a car. I was taken to a restaurant in the new Coast hotel which was great. probably the best part of my stay was the free ride in the shuttle back to the airport. Really nice guy who talked about Lethbridge - it was very pleasant. The desk staff were all really friendly too. Ultimately, it's always the people that make a hotel worthwhile and this hotel definitely has that!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank myroes
Alberta
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Had not stayed at this location for several years and what a treat to be back. Room was bright, clean and spacious, also very quiet. Breakfast was better than most hotel offerings too! Have to comment on the great staff. Both check in and check out was a pleasure with genuine smiles from all. Really appreciated the shuttle service from the airport. Thanks for a great experience. Will definitely be my first choice on my next Lethbridge trip.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank abroseabrose
Cochrane, Canada
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Had an overnight stay in Lethbridge while visiting family over the Christmas holidays. Selected Holiday Inn because they are "pet friendly" - all guests travelling with pets stay on the main floor of the hotel. I had originally reserved a King room, however, upon arrival was advised that they didn't have any of that type of rooms left available so they upgraded us to a King Jacuzzi Suite. The extra room was very welcome as it allowed our two dogs room to play - or sit in front of the fireplace. The room was spacious, the bathroom had dual sinks, there was plenty of room for luggage (of which we had little) and we were able to bring breakfast back to our room as it was just down the hall.

Room Tip: Great "pet friendly" hotel.