“It was ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Ramada Lethbridge

Ramada Lethbridge
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Lethbridge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Good size room with a comfortable bed. The fridge was pretty noisy though and made it hard to sleep for those light sleepers. The staff were friendly and attentive. Breakfast was just ok, not a lot of options compared to other continental breakfasts I've experienced and the dining room was FREEZING. I commented to the breakfast staff about the temperature and she just said "furnace broke down". Hopefully this hasn't been the case for awhile as it made eating breakfast uncomfortable and quick.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marcela32
Brian_M_Um, General Manager at Ramada Lethbridge, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am sorry that your fridge was noisy. They are regularly defrosted and enclosed within our credenza to eliminate noise issues. I apologize for the absence of heat in the breakfast area during your stay. Our roof top unit had a blown heat exchanger and needed to be replaced and has been done. I am glad you found our room to be of good size and our beds to be comfortable. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. We do pride ourselves on our customer service. We hope to be of service to you again in the future.
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

The room was decent, but very dark. The building is old and needs to be updated. Small elevators made is difficult to get the valet cart in and out. Plus, you need to push the cart up a steep ramp to get to elevator level. Quite a challenge with a heavy cart!

The room was chilly, an all brick bathroom didn't help. Sheets were thin and I had to double up the blankets as I was cold and couldn't find an extra blanket. Bed was comfortable enough to get a decent night sleep.

Upon leaving, I was struggling with the valet cart down the ramp (I had expensive equipment on it that I wasn't going to leave in the car. A staff member walked towards me, seeing me struggle and kept walking. The ramp down was scary. The cleaners had left their cleaning supplies right at the bottom of the ramp, so more struggles while the front desk clerk ignored me and played on the computer.

Ok rom for the price, but staff makes it so I don't know if I would go back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tanya H
Brian_M_Um, General Manager at Ramada Lethbridge, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear of the issues regarding your stay. We have recently placed an in-room sign with instructions on how to operate the in room temperature controls and we hope this will be of assistance to our guests. We are also always happy to bring extra blankets/heating units to our guests. We will be speaking to our staff about your experience in order to prevent these types of service issues from reoccuring. We hope we may be of service to you again in the future.

Thank you.
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

Very disappointing, poor service at check-in, rooms outdated. Hotel clean, rooms have paper-thin walls, could hear conversation next door. Location okay as just off highway for easy access. Well over priced for the facility. Lots of other hotels nearby, should have gone elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jim C
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review. I am sorry that you experienced these issues during your stay. Service is very important to us and I will be looking into your check-in experience so that we may prevent future service issues. We hope we may be of service to you in the future.
Brooks, Alberta, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Ramada Lethbridge is an old hotel with a shiny new lobby, updated furniture and a decent breakfast. All this is to be expected from an average Canadian hotel. The bed was super comfortable. I had a great view of a backyard and alley. If you are over 5'5" get ready to duck in the shower. The drop-ceiling is low and so the shower head is very low. You won't want to take a long time bent over. Overall it is a nice hotel, but you'd do better to save a few dollars and stay where you still get the same comfortable bed, breakfast but with a pool and taller showers. You can sure tell this hotel has been around for decades and decades. New paint, new name, same old place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the west or south walls, if not you get dirty alley and unkept backyard.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert F
Brian_M_Um, General Manager at Ramada Lethbridge, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Our lobby and furniture has recently been updated as part of our renovations this year. I am glad to hear you found our bed to be comfortable. Our East facing rooms do look over a residential area. After reading this review, I checked the shower head height in the rooms. I am average height 5' 9" and it is perfect for this height (eg: do not have to duck). I'm sorry you found them to be too low for your needs. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel and we hope to be of service to you again in the future!