“Ramada Lethbridge”

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Lethbridge
Lethbridge
“Ramada Lethbridge”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

just a hotel if there are no others
Breakfast was good
dining choices lacking
hotel interior was old and tired, very dated
okay friendly staff, but no interaction beyond absolutely necessary
amenities-i,e. closed before posted times

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Brian_M_Um, General Manager at Ramada Lethbridge, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed out breakfast and that you found our staff to be friendly. We have been turning off our fitness room lights, when not in use, for energy conservation. I am sorry for any confusion this may have caused. We regret we did not get to know each other better and hope we may be of service to you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Moncton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed at this Ramada March 10 through 12, 2014. I work in the Casino industry in the US and Canada and some months spend more time sleeping in hotels and airports than my own bedroom. The staff at this Ramada are very good at their jobs. My stay wasn't as pleasant as other Ramada Inns, but the general manager was able to follow up with and address my concerns. I have the general impression that the Ramada in Lehtbridge has been renovating but is still out dated in some aspects. I didn't have any problems with the room smelling of smoke like other reviewers, in fact the air quality and cleanliness of the bed sheets were some of the few things I enjoyed here. I won't stay at this hotel again and have been to Lethbridge already 3 times since my March 10 visit, but if you're just looking for a quick night of rest it should suit your needs.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chad F
Brian_M_Um, General Manager at Ramada Lethbridge, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We really appreciate your comments. We sincerely care about our guests and will continue to do our best to provide the best possible service and accomodations for our guests. I am sorry that your stay with us was not completely to your satisfaction. I am glad to hear that your room smelled good and your comment about our clean linens. We will continue to make improvements to ensure that we stay modern and relevant to our valued travellers. We would be pleased to, and hope we may, be of service to you again in the future.
yyc
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I recently spent a night in this older Hotel in Lethbridge. This property used to be called the Heidelberg Inn and has very unique character in its architecture. I stayed in the hotel over 10 years ago while in its former name and I have to report so little has changed since those days of old. There used to be a pub in the lower basement level, however, this has gone.

The Rooms are small but not too small the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was fairly well appointed but the entire property was lacking the proper care and maintenence to keep its appearance looking clean and cared for. The carpets in the corners of the room was really dirty. The bathroom was showing signs of needing to be repainted and caulked. Evidence of numerous attempts to secure the shower curtain rail had been poorly filled and unpainted.

The property could be a stunning jewel if it were restored with and maintained with a little more effort.

The Room came with breakfast which was quite unexpected as the reception attendant did not mention this detail when I checked in. I was also given a smelly smoking room on the 9th floor despite my reservation for a non smoking room.

Room Tip: Insist on a non smoking room if you are a non smoker.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. I have discussed the housekeeping & maintenance issues you mentioned to the appropriate departments and they have been corrected. We will make sure to do better going forward. I am glad to hear you found our beds to be comfortable and that you enjoyed our inclusive hot continental breakfast. We will make sure that all guest services agents continue to inform all guests about our inclusive hot continental breakfast. We will continue to put our best effort into providing the best possible accommodations for our guests.

After investigating your reservation, I was able to conclude that this reservation was booked as a smoking room by the travel agency with a request for a non smoking room. We are always happy to accomodate guest requests but because we were completely sold out, we were unfortunately unable to move you into a non-smoking room. We understand that non smokers can be sensitive when staying in a smoking room so the room was ecologized prior to your arrival. Our smoking rooms are also located on separate floors for the comfort of all our guests. We apologize for our inability to accomodate your request.

Please know we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist guests with any questions or concerns. We can be contacted direct at 1-403-329-0555 or toll-free at 1-800-791-8488. We thank you for your review and hope we may look forward to being of service to you again in the future.