“WOW!!”
Review of Ramada Lethbridge

Ramada Lethbridge
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Lethbridge
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Location is good but I would be surprised if this wasn't the first Ramada ever built!! Old, grungy and incredibly narrow halls stairs and rooms. Lucky enough to get good view of elevator as got stuck in it for 5 min with fam of 5! Wouldn't shut elevator down after. Incredible!! Got ignored at front desk after complains and the 1800 number transferred me and hung up. So I guess if a last resort it's better than park bench but deff would not recommend!

• Stayed: April 2014
Brian_M_Um, General Manager at Ramada Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you did not have a good experience with us. Signage regarding the service issue you experienced with the elevator should have been placed more promptly. We do have regular elevator maintenance done and this non-safety issue was corrected. We are endeavouring to work more closely with our service provider in order to eliminate these issues from occurring in the future.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

This visit was purely business and the hotel was nothing outstanding. If you are familiar with the Ranada chain then you will know what to expect. Everything was as expected, nice relaxing décor and comfortable bed. Pretty standard fare throughout.

The buffet breakfast was in the attached Korean restaurant (open for lunch and dinner). The Korean food was also pretty standard Western style Korean. Not outstanding also!!

1  Thank Captain_Rob_D

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Ramada Lethbridge. I am glad you found our hotel to be nice, clean, relaxing and our bed to be comfortable. I regret we were unable to WOW you during your stay. We will continue to do our best to provide the best possible stay for our guests. We hope we may be of service to you again in the future.

Brian Um - General Manager

Reviewed 5 April 2014

just a hotel if there are no others
Breakfast was good
dining choices lacking
hotel interior was old and tired, very dated
okay friendly staff, but no interaction beyond absolutely necessary
amenities-i,e. closed before posted times

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed out breakfast and that you found our staff to be friendly. We have been turning off our fitness room lights, when not in use, for energy conservation. I am sorry for any confusion this may have caused. We regret we did not get to know each other better and hope we may be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed at this Ramada March 10 through 12, 2014. I work in the Casino industry in the US and Canada and some months spend more time sleeping in hotels and airports than my own bedroom. The staff at this Ramada are very good at their jobs. My stay wasn't as pleasant as other Ramada Inns, but the general manager was able to follow up with and address my concerns. I have the general impression that the Ramada in Lehtbridge has been renovating but is still out dated in some aspects. I didn't have any problems with the room smelling of smoke like other reviewers, in fact the air quality and cleanliness of the bed sheets were some of the few things I enjoyed here. I won't stay at this hotel again and have been to Lethbridge already 3 times since my March 10 visit, but if you're just looking for a quick night of rest it should suit your needs.

1  Thank Chad F
Brian_M_Um, General Manager at Ramada Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We really appreciate your comments. We sincerely care about our guests and will continue to do our best to provide the best possible service and accomodations for our guests. I am sorry that your stay with us was not completely to your satisfaction. I am glad to hear that your room smelled good and your comment about our clean linens. We will continue to make improvements to ensure that we stay modern and relevant to our valued travellers. We would be pleased to, and hope we may, be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I recently spent a night in this older Hotel in Lethbridge. This property used to be called the Heidelberg Inn and has very unique character in its architecture. I stayed in the hotel over 10 years ago while in its former name and I have to report so little has changed since those days of old. There used to be a pub in the lower basement level, however, this has gone.

The Rooms are small but not too small the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was fairly well appointed but the entire property was lacking the proper care and maintenence to keep its appearance looking clean and cared for. The carpets in the corners of the room was really dirty. The bathroom was showing signs of needing to be repainted and caulked. Evidence of numerous attempts to secure the shower curtain rail had been poorly filled and unpainted.

The property could be a stunning jewel if it were restored with and maintained with a little more effort.

The Room came with breakfast which was quite unexpected as the reception attendant did not mention this detail when I checked in. I was also given a smelly smoking room on the 9th floor despite my reservation for a non smoking room.

Room Tip: Insist on a non smoking room if you are a non smoker.

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. I have discussed the housekeeping & maintenance issues you mentioned to the appropriate departments and they have been corrected. We will make sure to do better going forward. I am glad to hear you found our beds to be comfortable and that you enjoyed our inclusive hot continental breakfast. We will make sure that all guest services agents continue to inform all guests about our inclusive hot continental breakfast. We will continue to put our best effort into providing the best possible accommodations for our guests.

After investigating your reservation, I was able to conclude that this reservation was booked as a smoking room by the travel agency with a request for a non smoking room. We are always happy to accomodate guest requests but because we were completely sold out, we were unfortunately unable to move you into a non-smoking room. We understand that non smokers can be sensitive when staying in a smoking room so the room was ecologized prior to your arrival. Our smoking rooms are also located on separate floors for the comfort of all our guests. We apologize for our inability to accomodate your request.

Please know we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist guests with any questions or concerns. We can be contacted direct at 1-403-329-0555 or toll-free at 1-800-791-8488. We thank you for your review and hope we may look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Real V

Reviewed 4 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clay S
Brian_M_Um, General Manager at Ramada Lethbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014