“AWESOME HOTEL......AWESOME STAFF!”

Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Lethbridge
Calgary
“AWESOME HOTEL......AWESOME STAFF!”
Reviewed 6 August 2011

What a beautiful hotel. Beds are really comfortable, you can have a microwave and a larger fridge in your room if you like. The staff is unbelievably accommodating! Close to downtown and museum. The lobby/restaurant area is all greenery with water feature, bridges etc. and a pool. Very tropical setting. Very relaxing! Would absolutely RECOMMEND this hotel in Lethbridge.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
-2gdm-, General Manager at Lethbridge Lodge Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 8 August 2011
Thank you for your response to Trip Advisor... We are making a lot of concerted effort to have the best service & comments like yours are great to receive.
Gregory Moon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Langford, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2011

My company booked me and two other colleaques at this older courtyard style hotel for two nights and I arrived with low expectations due to the age of the hotel. I was so wrong to judge before experiencing this gem!

Firstly the staff (night staff) went way above and beyond to ensure that we were well equipped on our arrival. They had complimentary snacks, soup, muffins, juice, coffee and tea waiting in the lobby on our arrival.

The central atrium is tastefully decorated with many water features and tropical plants and bolsters a relaxing atmosphere as you make your way to your room. Another reviewer mentioned a strong chlorine smell in the atrium, but personally, I barely noticed it.

My room was on the 4th floor. It had a brand new king-size pillow-top bed, with the best pillows and matress I have yet experienced anywhere.... period!
The room decor was reasonable, the room was spotless, and it had a decent view out over the nearby coolee. The bathroom was basic and dated.

The cooling system was perhaps a little loud for some people, but the sound was steady, rather than cycling so I found that it acted as a sort of "white noise" filter which further enhanced a great sleep. The ac system was very efficient and had no trouble keeping the room at a comfortable temperature despite the 34 degrees Celsius temperature outside.

Two of us tried the express lunch buffet in the atrium and were both pleased with it. The food choices in the buffet weren't many, but what was there was fresh and delicious and at $9 each we found it to be good value.

I'm surprised that this hotel isn't getting higher reviews here on TA because my stay here was a great one. In fact, one of my coworkers stated that he would love to come back to the Lethbridge Lodge and I have to agree with him.

I can't comment on the cost of the room because I dont know what my company pays for the rooms therefore I have marked it as average.

Overall, I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011
Thank you for your super review... We are very concious of giving the best service & running a clean Hotel... We shall share your comments with the team.
Parksville, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The Lodge was quiet an avant garde architectural design when it debuted in the 70's. Like the Mayfield Inn in Edmonton it stared the rage to put atrium's in the middle of a massive courtyard. That works in Hawaii but not in Canada. Too much noise and humidity. But this old lady has been spruced up and is back in the game with it's rivals. Ask for an outside room. It's a bit overpriced but watch for internet specials. Good for business travellers and familes buit not for the seniors like me. Arthritis, you know.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kapulanikai
-2gdm-, General Manager at Lethbridge Lodge Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 2 August 2011
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. We are in the process of continually "sprucing up" in the Hotel & we appreciate the nice positive response.
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We found this place to be overpriced. True, we had our dog with us and so were prepared to pay extra. But NOT pay extra for an outdated room off what looked like a service corridor. We stayed at two other hotels on our way to visit family and we paid extra for our dog there and were allocated a nice room. The other disappointment is that breakfast is not included in the high price. We won't be back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SFNM28
-2gdm-, General Manager at Lethbridge Lodge Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 26 July 2011
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. We are in the process of replacing 148 beds & yet to come, bedding packages & I am quite sure on your next visit you would notice the great improvement & brightness of the rooms. It is a shame you did not book our breakfast package as it is also a very good value added feature.
We trust you will look at us again on your next visit to Lethbridge.
Regards,
Gregory Moon,

Travellers are raving about these Lethbridge hotels

Lethbridge
Reviewed 25 July 2011

The Lethbridge Lodge is ok for 1 or 2 nights in Lethbridge simply because of location. Although the town is not large, getting around without a vehicle is practically impossible, and the lodge is close to all the amenities. The rooms are relatively small and very dark, but mine was clean and well maintained. The restaurant is ok for breakfast. My biggest issue was that the entire hotel smells like chlorine because of the water features in the central atrium. As for Lethbridge, just get in and get out as quick as you can.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Bonasa
Thank you for your "Lethbridge Comments"... it definately is not the easiest place to get-around since our "transit system" is solely busses. As far as the Hotel is concerned, there should not be a strong chlorine smell & we have our Chief Engineer looking at this concern as I write this.
Hope to see you again on your next visit.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Bed was very comfortable but had difficulty sleeping due to a periodic humming noise comming from the ceiling area. I complained but nothing was done about it. However, there wasn't the constant slamming of doors as I normally have to deal with so overall I guess I was satisfied with the room.
Had a fantastic serloin steak the first night with steamed veggies. Possibly the best steak I ever had! So impressed, I ordered the same dinner next night and shockingly, all those great veggies were now all deep fried!! Very disappointed! The steak was not as good or cooked medium as requested but it was okay. I was too tired to send it back. They must have had a Chef for the Sunday and a cafateria line cook for the Monday.
Breakfast was perfect.
There are no complementory newspapers or a lobby coffee station.
I would say overall, I was satisfied. Just wish I had the same Chef both nights.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
-2gdm-, General Manager at Lethbridge Lodge Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 15 July 2011
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay... we have passed your dining experience on to the Chef for addressing & correction. We really appreciate the comment on a great sleep as we have recently replaced many of the beds. We look forward to seeing you again at the Hotel.
Edmonton
Reviewed 10 July 2011

I was in room 316.
The room was attractive. The bed was very comfortable. I had a good sleep both nights. The heat and air conditioning worked well. The refrigerator was a very useful size and worked well. I felt safe and secure. The food in the restaurant was excellent.
The hotel staff were cheery and helpful.

Some points to consider:
1. there was no screen on the window. I got a mosquito bite on my upper thigh, which could have happened in the room. I reported the missing screen to the front desk.
2. I am 76 years old and have cataracts. So would have appreciated some light over the thermostat and heat/cold controls in the room. I wished I had brought a flashlight.
3. I usually read in bed, but that light was not bright enough for me. I read in the bathroom light. Did not try the desk light.
4. The parking lot could be a bit bigger. When we returned to the hotel after midnight on Saturday night, we had to drive twice around the lot until someone left a spot.

However, on the whole, I enjoyed my stay very much.

Room Tip: The outside rooms, away from the atrium/courtyard are quieter then the inside rooms.